How to protect my hotel?

K4TRIN4

Posting Freak
Jul 24, 2012
Hi, ive recently bought a vps to open a habbo retro but while i wait for my details i want to beable to find some good stuff to use to keep my hotell from being hacked or ddos so does anyone know anything i can use that will stop my hotel being hacked as i dont want it to be hacked and shut down as soon as someone advertises my hotel
Thanks so much

K4TRIN4

Posting Freak
Jul 24, 2012
use IIS, get Ddos protections, don't trust anyone with VPS. These are some basics.
Yeah when i get it im gonna set it up with IIS and Navicat you get this ip restriction with the iis that i downloaded but not sure how to use that and ddos protection costs thousands so im not sure what to use 
More basic. DONT advertise on other hotels and you wont get hackers at you. Simple logic
well i need to get users to my hotel so what els do you suggest lol

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Buy DDoS protection.
Get someone in who knows heavy coding to check for exploits.
Use a good host. (Not a Habbotard host)

Do these, and you should be fine.

Aiwa

Forum Lesbian
Jan 6, 2011
If someone really wanted to mess with your site, then the chances are they will at some point.

But as long as you don't annoy people then there should be no need to be worried? Just don't trust anyone with your VPS either.

Copernicus

Brutality is my game....
Mar 5, 2012
well clouldflares picks up threats on the site and sends them to the bin and it keep the website running if the hotel been Ddoed
To the bin?? Lol cloudflare is good to use as a DNS but isn't good for DDoS protection unless you pay for it, cloudflare can speed up your site, but that's all it's for, cloudflare is good for stopping very mild noobs but people can outsmart cloudflare which is not hard with the latest softwares being released today.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Like crazyben-p said, use Cloudflare and a reverse proxy, you can get them pretty cheap or even edit your Habbo.SWF so you can hide your /client.php IP address.

Why Cloudflare is useful:

If you ping the domain 'example.com' and they're using Cloudflare it will return the IP address of Cloudflares IP address and not the VPS IP making it harder for newbies to DDoS or boot your VPS.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
Like crazyben-p said, use Cloudflare and a reverse proxy, you can get them pretty cheap or even edit your Habbo.SWF so you can hide your /client.php IP address.

Why Cloudflare is useful:

If you ping the domain 'example.com' and they're using Cloudflare it will return the IP address of Cloudflares IP address and not the VPS IP making it harder for newbies to DDoS or boot your VPS.
I don't like the method of hiding it in swf, as then you can just decompile the persons swf and get their ip

Users who are viewing this thread