How to make Hotel public

Hobba

Jan 5, 2024
I am using everything provided from this video:

I have fully setup the hotel and it works fine on localhost on my vps.
My issue is making it public and connecting it to my domain.
I always seem to have trouble with this, if anyone can assist I would appreciate your help!
FIXED

I have resolved the issue, for anyone else having issues getting your hotel online for public here is the fix;

You need to change BOTH.
Nitro react > Public > "socket.url": "ws://VPS-IP-HERE:2096",
Nitro react > Build > "socket.url": "ws://VPS-IP-HERE:2096",
Also, if this doesn't work the first time. Try changing "ws" to "wss" and then back to "ws".

Portforward 2096 & 80 in firewall, Inbound only.

Last edited:

React

Sep 17, 2023
I am using everything provided from this video:

I have fully setup the hotel and it works fine on localhost on my vps.
My issue is making it public and connecting it to my domain.
I always seem to have trouble with this, if anyone can assist I would appreciate your help!
You need to make sure your domain is pointed to the IP Address of your server (VPS). Use IIS, make sure that webserver is setup correctly.

Point the domain to your server IP by logging into the domain website and head to control panel, everything is there & there's probably prompts that will make this less daunting.

DDDDec

Tongue Boxing Champion 2023
May 30, 2017
Don't use IIS, use Apache
Dont use IIS or Apache use Nginx!

At least validate your points on why to use them, Makes it pointless to dish out words and tech that a user might not even know about without pros and cons of using said tech or even a small explanation at the very least lads.

It would benefit him and others who come across the thread!

Although a little google search and some testing for themselves would solve this without even having to create a thread it's still better to give a thorough answer to the question and an explanation as to why!

On Topic:

Carry on from Diddy, Nginx is faster to setup, easier and more user friendly. From my own experience using Nginx its a lot faster and from reading some threads about Nginx also has a lot more and better security features.

Carry on from Laravel, Apache would be a better choice but i feel as though their is more support here for using IIS if you're setting up a retro on your own, or use apache and ask for help from the community on setting it up!

I would use IIS for your first retro since their is way more support here for using it but if you would like to you can use either Nginx or Apache!

quakm

Sep 24, 2024
Nginx is definitely a good choice, but considering the low traffic on a Habbo site, it doesn't really make a difference whether it's IIS or Nginx. And the scalability that Nginx brings is almost non-existent on a Habbo retro website plus for non tech-user it is harder to configure. If you want to learn something go with nginx, if learning isn't your main goal stick to IIS is my recommendation

I would use IIS for your first retro since their is way more support here for using it but if you would like to you can use either Nginx or Apache!
That is a very good point.

Users who are viewing this thread