How to get the best protection against DDoS attacks?

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
Mine is a r63 hotel, hosted on IIS. I'm using HTTP and TCP proxy worth $20 from XZ networks, but still some pro attackers always ddos my retro. How do i put an end to these attacks? Please someone help me asap

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
Make sure your IP isn't shown anywhere (real server) and these guys aren't "pro" as you suggest they are just sad lonely imbecils with nothing better to do, if you want another suggestion move to a DDoS protected host like OVH

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
Make sure your IP isn't shown anywhere (real server) and these guys aren't "pro" as you suggest they are just sad lonely imbecils with nothing better to do, if you want another suggestion move to a DDoS protected host like OVH
Okay thanks n yep i hate hackers they are street dogs >.<

Marlboro20

Dec 17, 2013
Hiding your IP address could help I'm not a professional on server security but there are many great tutorials out there to help

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Okay since people are confused on these things I am going to explain this..

A DDoS attack is just a packet sender that sends so many packets at a time it causes the website/router to deny you of service..

Steps to prevent this from happening:
-Setup free cloudflare with your web address
-Setup a TCP proxy for your client

Negatives of Cloudflare:
Because cloudflare is against copyrighted material your hotel, and the informaton you give to cloudflare (your hotel ip and such) could and will be sent to Habbo if your hotel is reported to habbo for copyright and habbo gets in contact with cloudflare..

How do you know if its setup right?
As I said about check for your IP on the client and check for it on

Tiny

Owner, Swift Industry
Aug 14, 2013
Thanks everyone for your replies, i've already got HTTP and TCP protection from XZ, but still some people can get my website say "Service is unavailable".
@JayCustom i can't find my IP on
@Brent_Coolhotel I'll check for exploits on my CMS, thanks.

Thanks guys!

13rad

King
Sep 15, 2013
Thanks everyone for your replies, i've already got HTTP and TCP protection from XZ, but still some people can get my website say "Service is unavailable".
@JayCustom i can't find my IP on
@Brent_Coolhotel I'll check for exploits on my CMS, thanks.

Thanks guys!

That is nothing to do with your ip. They are hitting you with XML-RPC or Http-Get you need to get it patched in iis.

13rad

King
Sep 15, 2013
If you buy Cloudflare DDoS Protection you're fine. :)

No you wouldn't lol. Service is unavailable is something to due with your iis not your ip. You don't need the ip to make the website say that. You use the domain instead of the ip. All you need to do is patch it in url rewrite and you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread