How much is the cost of owning an Habbo Retro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticalMod

Jan 28, 2019
How much would an retro cost to run for monthly? as I am looking to run my own retro very soon and am curious as to what were the cost.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
For a good VPS, Proxy and other things, I spent around $20-30/month. Of course you can go a cheaper route, but I set myself up where I wouldn't have to upgrade the server unless a huge spike of players came. In all honesty, don't waste your time or money on something so stupid. Let someone else pay the bill and work for them.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
It's not worth it honestly. You'll start up with the basic CMS, basic catalogue and about 5 regular users. You would be losing money and wasting time. Unless you can code and make crazy features to compete against the big retros then i'd say give it a shot. As Blasteh said, just work for someone else.

MysticalMod

Jan 28, 2019
It's not worth it honestly. You'll start up with the basic CMS, basic catalogue and about 5 regular users. You would be losing money and wasting time. Unless you can code and make crazy features to compete against the big retros then i'd say give it a shot. As Blasteh said, just work for someone else.
Kind of sad that there is no longer a huge community playing retros anymore and is no longer worth making one... So you recommend just leaving it?

Reactions: Kak

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Kind of sad that there is no longer a huge community playing retros anymore and is no longer worth making one... So you recommend just leaving it?
You're honestly better off (sad to say) to invest into a game like Minecraft over Habbo Retros. I really don't see retros reviving anytime soon. Everyone can make a hotel now, and they're all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread