How do you change the background when you're logged into the hotel (noob friendly) step by step if possible thanks!

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
When you log into and enter the beta hotel you'll come into here (see screenshot) how do you change this background. I'm a total noob in this so a step by step how to change this would really be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
its in ui-config.json

the parts referencing reception
Who would've thought that. Man thanks alot!
Post automatically merged:

its in ui-config.json
Okay, I just edited the png of the building to make it a red color in paint, saved it to test if it works but nothing changed? Do I need to recompile or something?

Last edited:

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017

Okay, I just edited the png of the building to make it a red color in paint, saved it to test if it works but nothing changed? Do I need to recompile or something?
clear your cache and reload

WhiteTuxGroom

Nov 22, 2021

Like the above just said. If you're using Cosmic CMS and alter anything, make sure to go into housekeeping, in the top right click where is says "Welcome, %username%" and a drop down box will show. Click "Clear Cache".

stux

Jan 30, 2022
It's indeed in the ui-config.json.

Also an easy way, right click the background image you want to replace, open in new tab and checkout the directory and filename in the URL bar.

Name your new background the same way and replace it in the folder you see in the bar ;-)

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
Like the above just said. If you're using Cosmic CMS and alter anything, make sure to go into housekeeping, in the top right click where is says "Welcome, %username%" and a drop down box will show. Click "Clear Cache".
I was clearing the cache in chrome the entire time. Thanks for your great advice.

It's indeed in the ui-config.json.

Also an easy way, right click the background image you want to replace, open in new tab and checkout the directory and filename in the URL bar.

Name your new background the same way and replace it in the folder you see in the bar ;-)
Hey thanks for this! Gonna try it out.

stux

Jan 30, 2022
I was clearing the cache in chrome the entire time. Thanks for your great advice.

Hey thanks for this! Gonna try it out.
Maybe even better..

Yesterday I've worked hard on an animated hotelview like in the good old days! You can download all files here:

The PSD's are there so you can create your own hotel name! Just export the .png's in like an animation serie, upload them to an online GIF creator and tada :)

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
To be sure, open a new private tab or better a different browser ;)
Thanks, I did this but still the background images didn't update? The ONLY solution I found is recompiling nitro by going into cmd and typing
cd C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Cosmic\public\client\html5\nitro-client
yarn build-prod

But it takes like 2 minutes everytime for this so that's why I want to know how you guys do it with the ''clear cache'' method. It doesn't seem to work for me.

stux

Jan 30, 2022
Thanks, I did this but still the background images didn't update? The ONLY solution I found is recompiling nitro by going into cmd and typing
cd C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Cosmic\public\client\html5\nitro-client
yarn build-prod

But it takes like 2 minutes everytime for this so that's why I want to know how you guys do it with the ''clear cache'' method. It doesn't seem to work for me.
Are you sure it matches the right file in the UI config? See the section for the backgrounds (eg US-left.png etc) these files are often in the /images/reception/ directory.

Recompiling is no problem, but only "useful" when you make changes to the client. All it does is compile all raw files into smaller stuff into /dist/ (distribution)

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
Are you sure it matches the right file in the UI config? See the section for the backgrounds (eg US-left.png etc) these files are often in the /images/reception/ directory.

Recompiling is no problem, but only "useful" when you make changes to the client. All it does is compile all raw files into smaller stuff into /dist/ (distribution)
Yes I'm 100% sure because the images do change in the hotel view when I recompile after editing the UI.config. So I don't know why that's the only way for me to update the hotel view.
What I do is: edit the images in ''C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Cosmic\public\client\html5\nitro-assets\images\reception''
Then in UI.config at the section for backgrounds I only change the name of the png file. Also at the end of the name I add .png then I save the UI.config.
Then I clear cache. and close my browser and open it again and enter the hotel. And nothing changed..nothing got updated. What am I doing wrong here?

stux

Jan 30, 2022
Yes I'm 100% sure because the images do change in the hotel view when I recompile after editing the UI.config. So I don't know why that's the only way for me to update the hotel view.
What I do is: edit the images in ''C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Cosmic\public\client\html5\nitro-assets\images\reception''
Then in UI.config at the section for backgrounds I only change the name of the png file. Also at the end of the name I add .png then I save the UI.config.
Then I clear cache. and close my browser and open it again and enter the hotel. And nothing changed..nothing got updated. What am I doing wrong here?
Good! To be sure, open your hotelview. Right-click one of the changed background images, open in a new tab and refresh the tab! That way it should always load the "latest version" of that file. Apart from the client

Beast92

Feb 14, 2022
Good! To be sure, open your hotelview. Right-click one of the changed background images, open in a new tab and refresh the tab! That way it should always load the "latest version" of that file. Apart from the client
I don't see the ''option open in a new tab when I right click on the image on my browser.

stux

Jan 30, 2022
I don't see the ''option open in a new tab when I right click on the image on my browser.
No worries, open up the "Developers Console" in your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) and use the "Inspect" tool top and select the background image. It should present an URL on the "code" side

Users who are viewing this thread