How do you carv a pumkin

buzzybee

Legend
Jun 10, 2010
Materials:
Sharp Knife (not butter knife)
Pumpkin

Instructions:
Take your knife and cut the top open and remove the seeds. Then carve the pumpkin!

Rubuter1

May 25, 2010
What i did is:

Cut of the ' head '
Removed all the seeds.
Drew my shape on it
And cut teh shape out!

( It was for my little brother )

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
  • Select a fresh pumpkin in a shape that pleases you. Some folks prefer their pumpkins low and round, while others like them tall and oval-shaped.

• Draw a circle or hexagon on top of the pumpkin in preparation for making an opening large enough for your hand to reach through.

• Cut through the stem end of the pumpkin along your outline with a sharp knife or pumpkin-carving tool. Use a back-and-forth slicing motion to cut through the thick, tough skin.
carve-pumpkin-1.3-120X120.jpg

• Remove the stem end, which will act as a cap, making sure you scrape off any seeds or pulp.

• Use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp from inside the pumpkin. Hold the spoon by its bowl to get extra leverage while scooping.

• Draw a pattern for the face on the clean pumpkin with a felt-tip pen, or scribe the lines into the skin using a pencil. Be sure to make the eyes, nose and mouth large enough; you'll have a hard time cutting out tiny features when you're using a big knife blade to saw through tough skin.

• Follow your pattern as you cut all the way through the pumpkin.
carve-pumpkin-1.7-120X120.jpg

• Push the cut-out features gently from the inside of the pumpkin and discard the pieces.

• Place a votive candle inside the pumpkin to create an eerie glow
carve-pumpkin-1.9-120X120.jpg

Source:

Users who are viewing this thread