How Do I enable GOTW Points and Diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickZeGamerX

Apr 2, 2016
Can anyone please teach me step by step to enable Diamonds and GOTW?

-- ThanKs and sorry I ask too much T-T

n4te

zzz
Oct 27, 2014
Can anyone please teach me step by step to enable Diamonds and GOTW?

-- ThanKs and sorry I ask too much T-T
go into your external variables file and search for "gotw" Then just go through the results until you find a "true" or "false" phrase.

Sorry it's been about 8 months since i've worked on a retro, so I might not be of much help on this one. Still consider trying my idea though. I'm sure someone who actually knows will pop on this thread at some point.

NickZeGamerX

Apr 2, 2016
PlusEMU... Diamonds is enabled but only Credits and Duckets are shown:
You must be registered for see images attach

And btw, what is this currency?
is this suppose to be the loyalty currency?

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-28_16-20-58.png
    upload_2018-9-28_16-20-58.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-9-28_16-22-29.png
    upload_2018-9-28_16-22-29.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 3

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I believe GOTW is actually called "seasonal" in external variables but I could be wrong as well cause I don't use gotw

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
As for diamonds, your external_variables should have this set to true
diamonds.enabled, if it is false, set it to diamonds.enabled=true, if diamonds still don't show, then it may be using the data in external_override_variables, so just replace it there.
As for GOTW, you should make sure this line is set to true seasonalcurrencyindicator.enabled, so search for it in external_variables or external_variables_override, and if it's false, set it to true. To determine which currency you want it as, i'm assuming you want it as the GOTW stars, set seasonalcurrencyindicator.currency to 103, which can also be found in your variables.
To answer your question about the currency in the catalog, it appears your emulator is already coded to buy things with seasonal currency, so that's just the GOTW currency.

NickZeGamerX

Apr 2, 2016
Thanks, it worked... but the diamonds didn't tho

And why does it say Seashells? :[ and image's duckets

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
Can I see your external_variables and external_variables_override, I will fix it and send them back over to you.

NickZeGamerX

Apr 2, 2016
That's not all, the "Seashells" and Duckets are linked:

If I had 0 duckets which is "activity_points" in db the "seashells" becomes 0 aswell ;[

Can I see your external_variables and external_variables_override, I will fix it and send them back over to you.
okay wait...

Here.... thanks!

Attachments

• external_variables.txt
    250.8 KB · Views: 11
  • external_override_variables.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 11

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
I may need your external texts if this doesn't work.

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 4
  • external_variables.txt
    250.8 KB · Views: 7

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016

Try this, also, make sure you clear your cache after adding these.

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 22
  • external_variables.txt
    250.8 KB · Views: 14

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
@NickZeGamerX Yeah, the diamonds not showing up is weird, is your Habbo.swf even coded to have other currencies, because that seems like the issue to me, you're sure diamonds.enabled is set to true in both external_variables and external_variables_override? Also for the GOTW Points saying Seashells, just go into external_flash_texts and replace all that says Seashells, then change the error message for seashells when trying to buy something, depending on how you want people to earn GOTW Points, through events i'm assuming.

NickZeGamerX

Apr 2, 2016
@NickZeGamerX Yeah, the diamonds not showing up is weird, is your Habbo.swf even coded to have other currencies, because that seems like the issue to me, you're sure diamonds.enabled is set to true in both external_variables and external_variables_override?

Yes, I am sure that all diamonds.enabled are set to true and what do you mean "is your Habbo.swf even coded to have other currencies"?, Where can I find the source of the currency's script/code?

And btw, I just had to clear cache so that "Seashells" would say "GOTW Points", Thanks!

Queso

echo 'Web Developer';
Nov 29, 2016
Yes, I am sure that all diamonds.enabled are set to true and what do you mean "is your Habbo.swf even coded to have other currencies"?, Where can I find the source of the currency's script/code?

And btw, I just had to clear cache so that "Seashells" would say "GOTW Points", Thanks!
I'm not sure, but diamonds.enabled enables the entire diamonds currency, so if it isn't showing now, then something in wrong with your Habbo.swf, or it might even be your variables, here try using my variables.

Attachments

1.6 KB · Views: 13
  • external_variables.txt
    28 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread