hOW DO I CREATE MY OWN REVCMS THEME

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Ok, I'll help you out since the others are just stating pure obvious but with no help at all, right what you want to do is (this is for RevCMS 1.9.9/RevCMS 1.9.9.9).

First, you would want to go to app/tpl/skins/ and once you're in that directory make a new folder for the skin, example 'BlueSkin', and then once you've made the folder, you want to go to app/management/config.php, and scroll to the bottom for the skin name and change it to whatever you named the folder.

Next you will want to make the basic and obvious pages, now with Rev, the pages will call certain functions, such as the following pages:
  • me.php
  • account.php
  • home.php
  • settings.php
  • community.php
Will all call the following:
PHP:
$template->form->getPageHome();
And the following pages:
  • news.php
  • articles.php
will call the following:
PHP:
$template->form->getPageNews();
Now if you do not want to keep these default pages then in in app/class.template.php change the values, otherwise, just make these pages in 'app/tpl/skins/theskinname':
  • me.php
  • account.php
  • home.php
  • settings.php
  • community.php
  • news.php/articles.php (optional for which one you want, both do the same thing).
Now, you do have more pages to make, which you can see in 'app/class.core.php', by now you should know if you want to keep them page names or rename, if so change them in 'app/class.core.php'. So by default you need the following file names:
  • index.php
Calls:
PHP:
$users->login();
  • register.php
Calls:
PHP:
$users->register();
  • forgot.php
Calls:
PHP:
$users->forgotten();
  • maintenance.php
  • account.php
Calls:
PHP:
$users->updateAccount();
  • client.php
Calls:
PHP:
$users->createSSO();
$users->updateUser();
$users->setParams();
So there you go, that's the basics of what you need to do for your own skin, you can also use all of the params set in class.php, such as some of the following:
  • {hotelName}
  • {hotelDesc}
  • {url}
  • {online}
  • {username}
  • {rank}
  • {motto}
  • {email}
  • {coins}
  • {figure}
And there is much more, and you can even add more to help yourself out a lot, (these tags can only be used for HTML stuff, I don't think they will work in PHP stuff).

- I might of gotten some stuff wrong, just wanted to help, thanks for reading :D!

Users who are viewing this thread