How Could I Make This?

Jinxx

May 20, 2012
Hello there, DevBest. Today, I'll present to you my current project. (Please keep in mind that I've NEVER programmed/coded/scripted a game in my entire little life.)

Project: A 911 dispatch simulator/game with random events (Such as a cat being stuck in a tree) popping up on screen. The user (role-playing as a dispatcher), will have to send the proper units to the scene and will earn points (or some other currency) for reacting to each event in a timely manner.

Problem: I've never coded anything in my life.. I need to know what software could be used to make this (Something cheap .. or FREE?)

Prototype: (I know, I know, it looks terrible. It's not even in development yet. Shhh.)
(the picture's pretty big for the forums.. click this link please?)

Additional Information: Please ignore the elementary-like image of the game/simulator. I did it in paint in order to provide an image to you all of the way I envisioned the GUI to look. The link above (imgur) is safe, I swear.. (you can trust me, it's the Internet, right?)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
So you're basically sharing a cool idea you had.

Well, start off with Batch and make a text-based game.
Tutorials are all over, just google.

I made a Military RPG once using Batch, it's a good first language for gaming development, now I use LUA (C-API C# and C++) for Garry's Mod

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
So you're basically sharing a cool idea you had.

Well, start off with Batch and make a text-based game.
Tutorials are all over, just google.

I made a Military RPG once using Batch, it's a good first language for gaming development, now I use LUA (C-API C# and C++) for Garry's Mod
Batch scripting is not for game development.. It's for utility scripts.. facepalm.jpg

PousseyWashington

why did I buy an upgrade
Apr 29, 2014
Making games in Batch will get you nowhere. Try using a more functional and usable language for beginner game development, such as Python. There are also many game-related modules available in Python (like pygame and pgu).

Best of luck.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
Making games in Batch will get you nowhere. Try using a more functional and usable language for beginner game development, such as Python. There are also many game-related modules available in Python (like pygame and pgu).

Best of luck.
Java > Python anyday.
Learn Java. Look for jMonkeyEngine

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
I think python would be easiest with no programming background.
A tip I learned with programming is on a peace of paper write down the problem and then the steps you do to solve this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread