[Hotel Tips] How to have a great hotel?

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Ohai der!

So I think it's time to post something senseful which I hope everybody will like. Are you a new hotel owner? Do you wonder how you'd make your hotel great? Hit up your userbase? Get everybody join? You're in the right thread fellow. So here are tips.

1. Be nice with the newcomers
Newcomers often checks different features in the hotel, what you serve in the catalogue, how does the staffs respond with the users' query etc... It is great to tour them round the hotel, but also, don't use the uniform `Welcome xUserNamex to xHotelNamex! Enjoy your stay!`, hitting 'em a PM offering them to tour will be helpful.

2. Get a 24/7 staff online (if possible)
You admit it or not, no hotel, or least hotel has staffs 24/7 online. Having these 24/7 staffs online will be great especially to respond with the user tickets, and to assist users aswell. They must be experienced & have different timezone, if you have multilingual users, it's great to hire one who knows English + simultaneous languages.

3. Get an account at TheHabbos.org
Top sites helps you to let the search engine bots to crawl over your hotel, this will also help to LIST what rank you are in the community of Habbo Retros.

• Get a decent description and tagline
Unique, yet decent & good to hear descriptions & taglines are good to attract users. Hiring a bit count of users is good via application, which will pull users to your hotel. Take note that you must not hire random users.
  • Get a attractive banner
One of the topsites features are banner, which will help you to describe your hotel visually. You may also make a banner saying how much users you have while the descriptions & tagline is there.

A tagline is similar to motto. For example, with the game Fresbo World: "Think, Build and Play". You may try to use a unique ones to attract users.

4. Get professionally, decently written articles
Most new hotels makes sloppy articles, which turns off users some times. With the confusion of the capitalization, and spacing aswell, this makes the users turn off.

5. Get a professional team
Having a professional team will ensure you to the maturity, and not a sausage fest (like Prime Hotel of , which has matured staffs) hotel. Also, this will ensure your users of having a great time while playing the hotel.

6. New ideas, better gameplay
Ideas like ROTW, COSTUME CHANGE/COZZIE CHANGE, WT(F)riday etc... are old ideas and terms. Try to think of something new. Habbo of the Week? Motto of the Week? Up to you! Beat up your mind with endless ideas.

7. Decent advertisement thread
Forums such as DevBest gives you enough space to advertise your hotel. Screenshots will be good, from catalogue, to website, users having fun, staffs helding staff events, user-crowded room etc.. are superfine. You may also try to give BONUS items for specific forum users.

E.g. I play at DevBest & I joined your hotel, I may get a badge of my choice (except for staff badges)

8. Supporting real-life campaigns
Real-life campaigns such as anti-bullying are supported by most people. Do this whole-heartedly, not just for the popularity of your hotel. Pixel videos will help (Habbo avatars getting into the situation e.g. getting bullied by a bully) to demonstrate them why to support campaigns.

9. Refrain from advertising in to other hotels
Other hotels got their own hackers, or sometimes the owner itself as a hacker. This also makes a rivalry between you & them, which will ruin the safety of the users, their credentials, passwords etc... EVEN AT HABBO! They may contact your VPS company to send a legal claim of copyright materials hosted in the server.

10. Frequent Backups
Database faults are hard to refrain from, so we must backup frequently, even having them in a spare server would be good.

11. Hotel Radio
Hotel users can be entertained by your own hotel radio online, you may hire DJs and Music X aswell as a new poll for`DJ of the Week`, `Music of the Week`, etc...

12. Use a secured CMS
PhoenixPHP is vulnerable, like a cakewalk, a simple brick to smash. We recommend you to use RevCMS by @Kryptos. Find more about RevCMS here, .

If you find this guide useful, push Like! :)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
This is a great guideline and a lot of people especially new retro owners will "need" to use this.
Great thread dude.

xStefan

Dec 11, 2011
Good Tips vineen looks like you have written this out well and will help people when running hotels, thanks:)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Good Tips vineen looks like you have written this out well and will help people when running hotels, thanks:)
:up: Thanks! Glad to see people getting their hotels better by this thread. :)

PS: I might edit this at some time.

Users who are viewing this thread