Hosting Troubles

uglenXD

Dec 22, 2014
Before reading my post, I would like to say that this is my first post EVER on devbest.
That means I would gladly take constructive critism and on beforehand apoligize for my english.
Also I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, I would like some help of the forum mods.

So the other day I was thinking about creating a retro hotel. I managed to find a working tutorial and all that stuff. I just have the problem that my dad wont allow me to host any of the files on my computer or use our IP adress. I thought the easy solution would be to purchase a VPS. But I still need some place to store all the files etc. I also thought that if I hosted all the stuff on my PC whenever I shut it down it would close the retro. That is my two problems here and if anyone have a solution, please tell me in the comments.

Thanks.
//uglenXD

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Before reading my post, I would like to say that this is my first post EVER on devbest.
That means I would gladly take constructive critism and on beforehand apoligize for my english.
Also I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, I would like some help of the forum mods.

So the other day I was thinking about creating a retro hotel. I managed to find a working tutorial and all that stuff. I just have the problem that my dad wont allow me to host any of the files on my computer or use our IP adress. I thought the easy solution would be to purchase a VPS. But I still need some place to store all the files etc. I also thought that if I hosted all the stuff on my PC whenever I shut it down it would close the retro. That is my two problems here and if anyone have a solution, please tell me in the comments.

Thanks.
//uglenXD
Hosting a retro from your computer would not allow anyone to connect without using Hamachi, which wouldn't bring you any users.
When you purchase a vps you use Remote Desktop Connection to get access to it and its a server just like your home computer, and you store all your files here. It has a separate IP address and no one will get your information such as your IP as long as you use a CMS with no exploits.

uglenXD

Dec 22, 2014
Hosting a retro from your computer would not allow anyone to connect without using Hamachi, which wouldn't bring you any users.
When you purchase a vps you use Remote Desktop Connection to get access to it and its a server just like your home computer, and you store all your files here. It has a separate IP address and no one will get your information such as your IP as long as you use a CMS with no exploits.

Thanks for the fast reply! I definitely have a better vision on how to make a retro now.
Best regards, uglenXD.

Janzeer

Headmaster Of Hogwart's
Apr 30, 2012
"Hosting a retro from your computer would not allow anyone to connect without using Hamachi", i would probably not agree with this statement as he can portforward his retro however i agree with the suggestion on buying a VPS.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
"Hosting a retro from your computer would not allow anyone to connect without using Hamachi", i would probably not agree with this statement as he can portforward his retro however i agree with the suggestion on buying a VPS.
Oh yes and you can Portford, @Janzeer good point I forgot about that haha!

Users who are viewing this thread