Hosting threads

crewking

Aug 21, 2011
Hello Devbest,

I wanted to ask the reason we may not post hosting threads with manual approval.Like proof of the server , has to at least have a owned license etc.(WHMCS,Hostbill).
A valid speed test and any other requirements you would want for us to provide instead of just not offering people the
opportunity to post hosting threads.

Please no hate just a question trying to help my sales and probably could help others.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
There was a section for this once, it got removed due to the fact that many "kids" post threads of their hosting services but after a month or so, the server shuts down and their costumers ! And also I think due to NodeCabin (a hosting service owned & operated by @RastaLulz).

So basically, if you post a hosting thread after being warned that you cannot do so, you'll get infracted! Hope i helped!

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Hosting is not allowed here due to the nature of people who use these forums. I really don't want to promote people getting scammed, as 99% of hosts advertised here will be run by children and will last no longer than a year.

crewking

Aug 21, 2011
There was a section for this once, it got removed due to the fact that many "kids" post threads of their hosting services but after a month or so, the server shuts down! And also i think due to NodeCabin (a hosting service owned & operated by @RastaLulz).

So basically, if you post a hosting thread after being warned that you cannot do so, you'll get infracted! Hope i helped!
I haven't posted a thread as I've read all forum rules as such.Just trying to at least give it a go to see what would be the outcome.

crewking

Aug 21, 2011
Hosting is not allowed here due to the nature of people who use these forums. I really don't want to promote people getting scammed, as 99% of hosts advertised here will be run by children and will last no longer than a year.
I understand,

Then again I like how an old forum did it where you had to have manual approval. TEST IP,Owned license,at least 32GB dedi , proof of your payments and a verification letter.

I never said you did! Hence the "If" in my reply!
Yeah sorry I read it wrong .

Last edited by a moderator:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
NodeCabin lasted no longer a year... Seems to me you just called yourself a child and a scammer. Awesome.
Did I ever say that it didn't? What happened to Node Cabin was completely out of my control.

Also, I said that the vast majority (99%) of those people would fit into those categories, I never stated that if your hosting "company" doesn't last longer than a year, you are a child and a scammer. Please read before making such foolish statements.

Users who are viewing this thread