Hosting Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
Hello, i've decided to go with OVH. Is this good specs for the server?

Attachments

• adad.PNG
    adad.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 28

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Just remember, Windows manages your threading and each CPU Core = 2 Threads that can execute at the same time. With only one core, you only have 2 threads available to the system. These threads must manage between the emulator connections and windows. On a habbo server, you can have a few threads running to manage the game, clients, and rooms depending on which emulator you are using.

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
Just remember, Windows manages your threading and each CPU Core = 2 Threads that can execute at the same time. With only one core, you only have 2 threads available to the system. These threads must manage between the emulator connections and windows. On a habbo server, you can have a few threads running to manage the game, clients, and rooms depending on which emulator you are using.
How many cores do you suggest? 2 usally works fine.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
2 should be fine, but if you start reaching 60+ users you should invest in 4.

RAM is another big one, I haven't calculated how much memory an average room takes up, or an average user but it could get expensive in memory with how much is going on. You might want at least 4GB of RAM.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
How many cores do you suggest? 2 usally works fine.
Use Google gives you 1 year for free with $350.
OVH is a straight up rip off. But if you're gonna go with cheaper Hosting's keep in mind that most don't do proper security and protecting your program they just sell you the server and that's it.
If it's down it's down. That's why it's best go with bigger companies as they loadbalance everything and track everything.

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
2 should be fine, but if you start reaching 60+ users you should invest in 4.

RAM is another big one, I haven't calculated how much memory an average room takes up, or an average user but it could get expensive in memory with how much is going on. You might want at least 4GB of RAM.
Alright! Windows server 2008 or 2012?

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
Use Google gives you 1 year for free with $350.
OVH is a straight up rip off. But if you're gonna go with cheaper Hosting's keep in mind that most don't do proper security and protecting your program they just sell you the server and that's it.
If it's down it's down. That's why it's best go with bigger companies as they loadbalance everything and track everything.
Alright, i'll try the free trial. Do you HAVE to pay for another year once you've signed up for the trial or can i cancel month 11 and not pay antything for those 11 free trial months?

Parsov

May 18, 2016
This breaks the Terms of Service of both services.
Alright, i'll try the free trial. Do you HAVE to pay for another year once you've signed up for the trial or can i cancel month 11 and not pay antything for those 11 free trial months?

[REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Antisj

Apr 21, 2014
They don't charge you after they ask.
If you wanna continue.
That's how it was for me. I was just moving from Azure to Google and then back. Making new accounts.
That way you don't pay for server ;]
Alright! So if i start my trial now i wont have to sorry about antything then just cancel the service before the due date?

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
OVH or Zare are probably the most reliable/best servers. But if you're new to this you don't need to spend your money on dedicated game servers.

Find a reseller that sells these fairly cheap, 4it.bz offers reliable SSD machines from the UK for a cheap price.

I use the 8GB machine, it's fast and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread