Hosting Mysql Data

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
Hey guys i've had another crazy idea D:
Now i thought

if i use a site as hosting my cms
and i host the db
so the cms has to connect to my ip / laptop?
How can i do this?

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Yes, get filezilla. It's been a very long time since I have used Filezilla. But that should connect your files to the actual web base and you should be able to get access to your CMS there making it public.

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
Yes, get filezilla. It's been a very long time since I have used Filezilla. But that should connect your files to the actual web base and you should be able to get access to your CMS there making it public.
Nooo no no

i know tht

but how will i connect the cms database to my laptop?

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
First of all, that is the the stupidest idea I have ever heard — but it is not impossible.

First you need to install MySQL on the server you wan't to keep the database on (if you wan't phpmyadmin, you have to install PHP too - apache is really too heavy, so install them separately)

Now install either Apache (windows, unix) or nginx (unix) with mysql and php on your other server. You'll have to portforward the MySQL database server on a desired port (I recommend NOT to use the default port (3306) but another port and portforward that and let mysql listen on that port)

Then you make a secure user with a hard password so you are sure no noobs guess it. Now try to connect with a simple mysql_connect() function on your web server to the mysql server.

Again, you'll have to choose your chosen port, since the default setting for the mysql port is 3306. So when you write the mysql_connect() connect like this:
PHP:
mysql_connect('<MySQL server IP>:<Chosen Port>', '<MySQL Username>', '<MySQL Password>');
of course without the < and > and such.

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
Get Apache and you can, using localhost and Filezilla or just get filezilla using FTP://
I dont know if your getting me
Can my CMS Connect to MY LAPTOP'S MYSQL HABBO DB ? FROM ITS WEBHOST
WILL I NEED ANYTHING?

Right heres the diagram

xd59wk.png

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
First of all, that is the the stupidest idea I have ever heard — but it is not impossible.

First you need to install MySQL on the server you wan't to keep the database on (if you wan't phpmyadmin, you have to install PHP too - apache is really too heavy, so install them separately)

Now install either Apache (windows, unix) or nginx (unix) with mysql and php on your other server. You'll have to portforward the MySQL database server on a desired port (I recommend NOT to use the default port (3306) but another port and portforward that and let mysql listen on that port)

Then you make a secure user with a hard password so you are sure no noobs guess it. Now try to connect with a simple mysql_connect() function on your web server to the mysql server.

Again, you'll have to choose your chosen port, since the default setting for the mysql port is 3306. So when you write the mysql_connect() connect like this:
PHP:
mysql_connect('<MySQL server IP>:<Chosen Port>', '<MySQL Username>', '<MySQL Password>');
What about xampp?

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
You need to portforward port 3306.
Done that :D

PHP:
Will my laptop block it from connecting do i need 2 turn my firewall off?

Stabby

May 7, 2012
You dont need to connect it to your laptop I prefer use this webhost..
Habbohosting.info
1.Create database on the cpanel.
2.Upload your CMS
3.Configure your CMS to to youre hosting info.
4. Add wildcard put your ip you can find youre ip by going to this site
5.Configure your emulator to youre hosting info
6.Run emulator and youre finish.

If you need help message me...

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
You dont need to connect it to your laptop I prefer use this webhost..
Habbohosting.info
1.Create database on the cpanel.
2.Upload your CMS
3.Configure your CMS to to youre hosting info.
4. Add wildcard put your ip you can find youre ip by going to this site
5.Configure your emulator to youre hosting info
6.Run emulator and youre finish.

If you need help message me...

It hasnt got enough memory for my swfs

Users who are viewing this thread