Hosting as Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
A while ago the advertisement section for hosting company's etc. was deleted from the forum, because of the problem's etc. it gave.

However, now there are people like who are advertising their company trough their username and custom title. Also he made a topic for free hosting.

This is still a kind of advertising, and there are already a lot of negative comments on it. I think if we forbid the section because it caused problems, this needs to be forbidden to.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I agree, if there's a rule of "no advertising hosting" then it should be enforced when people are trying to get past that rule through other means such as changing their username, signature, etc.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Well, I think that users should be allowed to put a hosting banner in their signature if they wish to, that makes sense. However, if your account was originally registered for the specific purpose of Advertising your hosting company, than you should be required to change it or get banned.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I don't think the usernames should be the hosting company's name or anything that really refers to it. Advertising/Hosting section should be muted like the Habbo section in the SB since they get a lot of flaming.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I do think this guy should have his username changed, and even signature removed. (I cannot do this), I banned him from the shoutbox 2 times for promoting the service a few times, if he continues I'll happily give him some points.

But, this will have to be dealt with by Josh.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
If you think this is an appropriate action, we might as well have anyone with Habbo/habbo related things in their username changed. Seeing as it breaks our shoutbox rule. Yes?

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
If you think this is an appropriate action, we might as well have anyone with Habbo/habbo related things in their username changed. Seeing as it breaks our shoutbox rule. Yes?

But hosting in a whole isn't allowed on here, Habbo is. (It says for only the 'Web Market' but there is no where else relevant to post hosting services):
If you want to advertise your hosting services, use or the likes.

There's just way too many hosting companies posted here that are either ran by children and/or will be closed down in just a month. Sorry for any inconveniences.
There you go. - So, IMO stopping this would work fine.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Username Advertising should be removed since it is clearly advertising both in the shoutbox and on the forum topics. But the hosting advertisement in the signatures should remain considering how else will they build up clients to purchase hosting. It's hard to do it any other way. But my opinion don't matter. :p

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
I think promoting hosting should be banned and all that from Shoutbox, Usernames, Topics, etc. However if you own a host and are giving free hosting for developers that should be allowed. Or if you have a special offer. Signatures should be allowed to have it to I guess.

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I think promoting hosting should be banned and all that from Shoutbox, Usernames, Topics, etc. However if you own a host and are giving free hosting for developers that should be allowed. Or if you have a special offer. Signatures should be allowed to have it to I guess.
Wouldn't that fuck up your hosting considering a lot of disk space would go into everyone on here having an hosting account...

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Wouldn't that fuck up your hosting considering a lot of disk space would go into everyone on here having an hosting account...
Some people have unlimited hosting. Even just special discounts/offers because some developers are looking for hosting.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011

You can't forbid something and allow it in another way. It still is advertising, and it should be banned.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Well, your signature is one thing, but having your account for the sole purpose of advertising is another. I think that you should be allowed to put a hosting banner in your signature if you want, as long as you also contribute to the forums -- meaning that you aren't just here to advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread