Hiding IP

chiefqueef

gooby pls
Jan 8, 2012
Well my mate told me to move the
"connection.info.host" : "IP", from the client .php and encrypt it and hide it, anyone know how to do?

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
I don't know if what Tweeney said is easy. But it is NOT possible to encrypt, hide or disguise the IP address. But as many other does, you can use your hostname instead of IP - it's still obtainable since the hostname is just a "mask"/name for the IP.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
i was hopng to put a fake domain in and have my ip hidden
As I already stated, it is not possible at all - no matter what people tell you. Users from outside which like to connect to your client, is connecting through your server's IP (it's the address like you have a home address)

I dont think he means he wants to encrypt it or whatever, just hide it out of sight from noobs who think they can DoS :)
Hide it is what I say that he should use the hostname - but again, they can DoS is using the hostname no matter what - even now. Cloudflare (and other services like) is really the only possible solution to prevent DoS

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
As I already stated, it is not possible at all - no matter what people tell you. Users from outside which like to connect to your client, is connecting through your server's IP (it's the address like you have a home address)
haw haw haw it is possible to have another IP/URL in the client and it not to be yours :>

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
haw haw haw it is possible to have another IP/URL in the client and it not to be yours :>
Of course, but then people would just connect to that IP instead. The IP written in the client to connect to the server is the one that people connect to, if the software doesn't run on the specified server, then they can't connect regardless.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
Of course, but then people would just connect to that IP instead. The IP written in the client to connect to the server is the one that people connect to, if the software doesn't run on the specified server, then they can't connect regardless.
nono you have it straight hardcoded in the swf :)

Joopie

Sep 13, 2011
GUYS, I think you have much to learn from habbo, give me a sec and i'll make a script

But be warned, people that aren't lazzy can still get it, they only have to do something for then view-source :p

Users who are viewing this thread