Help with webhost :S

lool

Sep 22, 2010
Could anyone recommend a good webhost to host a habbo retro. I've tried many, some of them, are plain shit. some of 'em don't have a good cpanel... any help? thanks!.

-lool

Kyle-Santoro

Jan 24, 2011
Actually it just depends if you want free or paid most free ones don't have mod_rewrite active or Apache installed. Which is what is needed to run the site & then there it comes down to disk space & bandwith so there are a lot of factors in finding a good host. You can try 000webhost.com i have seen a few of em hosted with that.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Actually it just depends if you want free or paid most free ones don't have mod_rewrite active or Apache installed. Which is what is needed to run the site & then there it comes down to disk space & bandwith so there are a lot of factors in finding a good host. You can try 000webhost.com i have seen a few of em hosted with that.

They all have apache? lol? Also, tech-hosts.co.uk - I use it, pretty decent!

lool

Sep 22, 2010
Aw, thanks for that, ur fcking brilliant ! ;'D

I have tried 00webhost long time ago, it really failed <_<. Im sure tech-host will do the trick, thanks! ;]. Sledmore, is that webhosting free?

lool

Sep 22, 2010
Damn, I have to have a free one >.< Any suggestions?

- Im 'banned' to spending money for online things for like, a whole year, i signed up and done something then my carers have to pay then 200 quiddddd. -

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Hi,

No tech-hosts costs, but as the above user said, x10hosting.com (THE BEST FREE HOSTING!), I'd go for that, however, it doesn't allow htaccess.

lool

Sep 22, 2010
Thats the problem with ones like x10 and 000webhost.. >.< They don't allow external.. mysql connections or shit, idk :L

Im using freei me atm, i want to see how that goes.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Thats the problem with ones like x10 and 000webhost.. >.< They don't allow external.. mysql connections or shit, idk :L

Im using freei me atm, i want to see how that goes.

Erm, good luck with that. Like 2-7 Days after your hotel goes up, it will get banned by the webhost. I tried freei, and my account got banned.

Ayumi

Joshua Pike.
Sep 13, 2010
If you want to make something illegal, get your own servers, simple. No 'proper' web-hosting company will allow you to host something illegal such as a retro.

Users who are viewing this thread