[Help] Provider

Background

Oct 27, 2019
hiya, not sure what section this should be in couldn't make my mind up closest i felt was help and support..

Anyone recommended a replacement provider for hostsavor? must be windows under $15/$20 tried a few from lowendtalk but been kicked off for habbo retro usage lol

cheers bois

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I recommend their UK SSD machines, might ask for verification or might not accept PayPal.
Post automatically merged:

Currently have 10% recurring discount on all Web Hosting & VPS: SPOOKY19

:)

Last edited:

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
too expensive imo & not worth it for what you get
OVH isn't too expensive because you get quality servers. Buying from habbo retro owners or non-registered companies isn't always the best way to go, considering most are not even reliable, they just buy a dedicated server and some IPs from an online provider and basically re-sell. I've never had an issue with OVH servers. I'd rather pay more money and get quality, than to pay like $5 for a server that is just being re-sold by a not reliable company.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
OVH isn't too expensive because you get quality servers. Buying from habbo retro owners or non-registered companies isn't always the best way to go, considering most are not even reliable, they just buy a dedicated server and some IPs from an online provider and basically re-sell. I've never had an issue with OVH servers. I'd rather pay more money and get quality, than to pay like $5 for a server that is just being re-sold by a not reliable company.
Agree. However if you're gonna use OVH then I would only use their dedicated servers, people aren't spending $70+ when they can buy a perfectly working reseller that's 4GB for £10 (roughly) servers are setup instantly and you don't have to provide proof through a lot of these resellers. I've never had a problem with 4it.bz it's a good company.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Agree. However if you're gonna use OVH then I would only use their dedicated servers, people aren't spending $70+ when they can buy a perfectly working reseller that's 4GB for £10 (roughly) servers are setup instantly and you don't have to provide proof through a lot of these resellers. I've never had a problem with 4it.bz it's a good company.
Nice statement, but as said, keep in mind resellers are not reliable, especially not by someone who owns retros. They'll be prone to close and/or not be able to provide support, so it comes with a lot of disadvantages in my opinion. I've never used 4it.bz, so I don't know what the motives are for that site, I just know every hosting company that gets opened by anyone that uses this forum for retro-related, etc has been closed within a couple of months.

Background

Oct 27, 2019
I recommend their UK SSD machines, might ask for verification or might not accept PayPal.

Cheers, will take a look.

Think OVH was around $28 before tax. Kimsuf/soyoustart seems to of increased in price.

Do you've a speedtest for 4IT?

Seems its 100down/100up, little low but we'll go with it lol.

Last edited:

HolaBox

Feb 20, 2017

slow network with 4it

HolaBox

Feb 20, 2017
Our network is not slow, have you requested support ?

Maybe it's not the network but i mean like the connection speed? 100/100 (around (95) drserver/hostsailor/ovh are 500/500 or more

Our network is not slow, have you requested support ?

Maybe it's not the network but i mean like the connection speed? 100/100 (around (95) drserver/hostsailor/ovh are 500/500 or more

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011

As standard we limit ports to 100 but will review speeds on a case by case basis, we limit this to prevent abuse but when a customer contacts us and explains their usage of servers we are happy to look at it for them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread