Help: My iPhone 5 is locked what now...

Mastah

the funny thing is \r\n i did
Oct 25, 2010
Hello Devbest...

It's been three days since my new iPhone 5 was locked the first six times it was locked for a few minutes and then it totally locked my iPhone. Now I've first did some research on Google on how to possibly get this fixed and the first fix was to connect to iTunes and to do a reset via iTunes but when I plug my cable to my computer and to my iPhone then it doesn't do anything it doesn't charge either via my computter. But it does charge via my charger block and it doesn't make a sound either that I've put the cable in to my telephone.

Then I've tried to track my iPhone but that was unfortunately off and that's pretty fucked up - And last off I've tried the Siri method and that didn't help either because I don't have it enabled in the lockscreen options. So now is the question what do we do.. because I'm going to Amsterdam tommorow to the Apple store to see if they are technical enough to help me out with it - I've called the iPhone techhnical support and they where not able to help me unless I had a credit card that I was able to give them so they can charge me 40$ for one time telephone support and that sucked.

They told me that if they where going to charge me that they where able to help me in the Apple store and that I am able to use the bank card there, so what do you guys advice me because I'm currently low on money and I am in need of a telephone maybe one of you is able to help me anyway possible because a telephone for me is really necessary...

It's not about social media but it's about me being called by my old school, by my work and so many other contacts that I recieve important calls from that are currently missing because I simply don't have a telehone to reach them. I have tried to ask friends to lend me a telephone but unortunatly no luck at all!

Please help me :'(

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
@Etheral

Good news I've just broke my cable as I mentioned in this post:

But there is a but, I wanted to ask him if I'm able to buy a charger cable or a charger block along with a cable here because my cable is broke the reason why it woulnd't charge anymore when I came home from the Apple store and the reason why it wouldn't connect to iTunes or my computer anymore either. Anyhow my question was is there any other method to still charge my iPhone 5 for today untill I've bought a new one tommorow? Any answer / tip is appreciated!

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
I don't feel bad because I know the cable is snapped and that was the issue when I bended the cable so it was pretty funny to see that the above part of the cable just went off and that the cables where broke. Luckily that I came home in the evening so I can sleep soon and get the cable as soon as possible without being worried that I won't have a telephone for long just because the cable is snapped and because I have to get a new one ( The locked iPhone issue took me about week or two and that really made me nervous ). Anyhow any other method to charge my iPhone for now without having to use a cable ?

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I don't feel bad because I know the cable is snapped and that was the issue when I bended the cable so it was pretty funny to see that the above part of the cable just went off and that the cables where broke. Luckily that I came home in the evening so I can sleep soon and get the cable as soon as possible without being worried that I won't have a telephone for long just because the cable is snapped and because I have to get a new one ( The locked iPhone issue took me about week or two and that really made me nervous ). Anyhow any other method to charge my iPhone for now without having to use a cable ?

I'm not really sure. But you should always buy officially Apple branded cables, after all, they put millions of dollars into perfecting USB to lightening port to work correctly with their cables and ultimately their Phones. I think it's actually illegal to produce a cable in a similar design to them, because their cable has the superior transfer speeds. (that's probably some Apple fan-girl bullshit, but hey.)

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
Don't know if it was a Apple cable but you can still see that I'm fucked

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Don't know if it was a Apple cable but you can still see that I'm fucked

It wasn't, you can see by the quality of the metal, the apple cable has separate wires each insulated individually (one for data, video, power, ground etc - this greatly increases stability and decreases EMI. Did that Cable even connect to your PC? It's not very logical to design a iPhone cable like that. :p

Mastah

Oct 25, 2010
It was me actually and so was the cable because the cable snapped from inside basically not allowing me to charge anymore nor connect to my computer. I'll just have to buy a new one and then I'll be able to charge and connect to iTunes again.

Users who are viewing this thread