[Help] Making a CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious

The Notorious D.E.E
Mar 2, 2012
I've designed what this CMS is going to look like etc. The thing is, I don't know anything about coding. Could someone be kind enough to help a 'Newbie' out?

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
To be honest, if you are learning PHP, w3schools won't help. You should go to php.net to learn everything about PHP.

IndustriaL

Web Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Alright, will do. Thank's for your support.
w3schools is good for learning HTML and a bit about AJAX snippets, but is best for learning more about PHP, agreed.
If you need any help, feel free to contact me via PM, or pretty much anyone else.
And, may I suggest using Dreamweaver and Eclipse for coding PHP and HTML, as they have "Preview" and "Design" options to see a rough draft of what your code will look like on the web.

Notorious

The Notorious D.E.E
Mar 2, 2012
I already got an overview on how the CMS is going to look like, I made a 'Template' on how it's going to be layed out.
u1lkp.jpg

oh Louis

Oct 24, 2011
I already got an overview on how the CMS is going to look like, I made a 'Template' on how it's going to be layed out.
u1lkp.jpg
Layout looks really unorganized and unprofessional, and looks like too much is going on in such a little box. My advice, try to go a little bit towards the simple design, but a simple that catches the everyday human being eye.

Livar

Now 35% cooler!
Oct 15, 2010
Here are my tips:

1) Never ask for Help on how to make a CMS
2) Check out the Manual on PHP.net
3) Always test stuff out before asking on how to do something.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Along with what previous members have said about learning, another great learning curve is trial and error.
Also the design you have is too big for such a confined space, the username and password fields are too big, also the big sky blue container looks horrible, maybe give it some transparacy (if thats how you spell it) so you can see the background image more.

But other than that good luck with your project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread