[Help] IIS 8.5 Error on Windows Server [Help]

Jor446

Oct 2, 2011
I purchased a Windows VPS recently, I believe it's Windows 2012 R2. But I'm having a problem when I go to "localhost". At first, I was trying to go to the default IIS homepage by having nothing in my wwwroot folder, but it was telling me "IIS 8.5 Detailed Error 403.14 Forbidden". So I tried putting the entire CMS into wwwroot and now I'm getting a different error, which I will attach the picture. This time it's telling me "IIS 8.5 detailed error 500.0 Internal Server Error" - I've tried looking it up but I could only find 3 and 4 year old forums with little help, or maybe I couldn't understand. I would really appreciate help, don't know where to go from here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
It could be the PHP version, or you need to install something in order to control it. I had the same error, just Google it and look around, it's there somewhere.

What is your PHP version?
There's a fairly good chance you're missing the correct VC++ runtime for the version of PHP you're running.

If you're running PHP 5.5.x you need to ensure the VC++11 runtime is installed:

Make sure you download and install the x86 version (vcredist_x86.exe), PHP on Windows isn't 64 bit yet.

If you're running PHP 5.4.x then you need to install the VC++9 runtime:

Jor446

Oct 2, 2011
It could be the PHP version, or you need to install something in order to control it. I had the same error, just Google it and look around, it's there somewhere.

What is your PHP version?
I originally installed PHP 5.6.22, but I just uninstalled it and tried 5.5, and I also just installed VC++11, but localhost has the same error. I'll attach a picture of the available versions. Don't know why it's telling me I've installed PHP 5.3.28, but whatever.

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
I originally installed PHP 5.6.22, but I just uninstalled it and tried 5.5, and I also just installed VC++11, but localhost has the same error. I'll attach a picture of the available versions. Don't know why it's telling me I've installed PHP 5.3.28, but whatever.

Make sure it's not the X64 version and it's the X86. I had the same problem.

If it still persists try restarting your VPS or restarting IIS.

Jor446

Oct 2, 2011
Make sure it's not the X64 version and it's the X86. I had the same problem.

If it still persists try restarting your VPS or restarting IIS.
Wow, thanks. The x86 did it for me, I'm getting a different error now, but I'm assuming this means I just need to download navicat right ? I'll attach the error just incase.

Users who are viewing this thread