[Help] How to make my habbo retro website online 24/7?

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
Hi, I want to know how to make my website [not the client that require VPS] online 24/7, do we need a webhost? And is there any tutorials out there?
+ I don't have a VPS and I am using no-ip.org right now. Please help me =D

Thanks a billion,
Tiny

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
The best thing would be a VPS, (if you can afford to purchase one). - You could host EVERYTHING on there, and just pay the VPS monthly.

If you cannot get a VPS. - You could host it from a computer at home, and use no-ip.org for the domain name. - You could even put it on a webhost, but I wouldn't suggest that if you're hosting it from home. - But if you were to the website would be online 24/7 PROVIDING whatever hosts the database is online, (your computer), you could host the database on the webhost, but don't that's silly.

Hope that helped a bit.

Hayate-Kun

Jun 11, 2011
webhost VPS are for make your server online 24/7 .
If you want to host on your computer , make sure your computer are like "Powerful" enough to host 24/7 .
So there's no technical problem occured like your hardware broken or something .

There's more disadvantage when use local host/ computer .
if your computer got good strength of internet speed , it'll be good .
Server will be no lagg or etc . But users that nearby your country/state will be fine .
Others state that faraway from your state , will occur lagg and etc .

So , conclusion , I just suggested you use VPS :p

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
The best thing would be a VPS, (if you can afford to purchase one). - You could host EVERYTHING on there, and just pay the VPS monthly.

If you cannot get a VPS. - You could host it from a computer at home, and use no-ip.org for the domain name. - You could even put it on a webhost, but I wouldn't suggest that if you're hosting it from home. - But if you were to the website would be online 24/7 PROVIDING whatever hosts the database is online, (your computer), you could host the database on the webhost, but don't that's silly.

Hope that helped a bit.

Yes thanks it helped me a bit xD 
webhost VPS are for make your server online 24/7 .
If you want to host on your computer , make sure your computer are like "Powerful" enough to host 24/7 .
So there's no technical problem occured like your hardware broken or something .

There's more disadvantage when use local host/ computer .
if your computer got good strength of internet speed , it'll be good .
Server will be no lagg or etc . But users that nearby your country/state will be fine .
Others state that faraway from your state , will occur lagg and etc .

So , conclusion , I just suggested you use VPS :p

I dont want the client to be 24/7, just the website?

Users who are viewing this thread

☀️  Switch to Light Theme

Latest posts