Help help help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colby1515O

Jun 13, 2011
Hey guys i dj for a site... I am also making a retro.... But these to down coop together... I have to choose whether i want the retro... or to dj. This is because when i set stuff up for my retro i cant go on my sam2 cause of mysql crap. But to go on my sam2 i have to download mysql connectors or something like that.. But if i download that i cant go on my retro or localhost. Is there someway to beable to acess both?

Meow

Jun 8, 2011
you can try make 2 folders, or either 2 on your xampp, ''Htdosc'' There should be your retro in if you are hosting it, for a v26,r63
Make a new folder called Radio

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Guys please tell me if meow's suggestion will work.. If not please tell me how to do it!

It will work, all you have to do in htdocs is upload all your retro related content, and then make a folder called 'radio' & upload all your shit in to that.

Im not too sure how all the radio and stuff works (in terms of setting it up) but if it requires a database, then you simply create a db for your retro, and then a seperate one for your radio in phpmyadmin

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Reinstall SamB 2 using FireBird rather than MySQL so they don't use the same ports. You could also change the port MySQL uses but that is much more complicated.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Guys when I go to install sam2 I get an error saying: Unable to connect to Mysql make sure you have the right info blah blah blah. ?

Basically you need to make sure your config file is correct with your database settings, it may look something like this:

Code:
$config['db'] = array(
      'host' => 'localhost',
      'user' => 'root',
      'password' => 'phpmyadmin pass',
      'database' => 'database name',
      );

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread