[Help] Google Chrome Sound Issue [Help]

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
This is a rather confusing and in my eyes complicated issue.
Here is the basis of my problem

1. I use Google Chrome
2. I like to watch YouTube videos etc on Google Chrome
3. When I watch the videos all is fine. Key Item: Sound plays through computer speakers.
4. When I like extend my desktop over onto my computer via HDMI cord to watch YouTube videos on my TV sounds does not play (Not just YouTube, any video / music streaming source online.
5. I can play videos and music from my documents fine, the sound plays on my external display / TV
6. YouTube videos etc also play fine though my TV when I use Firefox or Internet Explorer.
7. When trying to play media online with Google chrome though my TV my sound settings does not even register the fact that sound is happening at this point e.g.

YouTube with Firefox:
3sL79.png

YouTube with Google Chrome:
kYOZr.png

Please, no silly remarks like, Is the volume turned up on the YouTube video or your TV
because Yes, I know how to do that and as I stated before, It works fine with other browsers

Remember, Sound plays fine on Google Chrome when I am not using my external display (TV)

[Edit]

I have re-installed Google Chrome numerous times so please do not suggest that :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, But it is not that. Google chrome comes with that already installed and it is 100% up to data and enabled.
And it makes no sense that it would stop working because I am playing it through my TV :L

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Its either
1.) Your Laptop Settings
2.) HDMI cord alot of the times i have to reboot my computer with the HDMI cord plugged in to make sure it works

Read my check list. The HDMI cord works fine, it plays sounds with all the other browsers, and I have rebooted my computer many times as this has been like this for weeks

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Did you ever try checking out your mixer, play the video and see whether Google Chrome has it's own lever (the slider) pulled down.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
Did you ever try checking out your mixer, play the video and see whether Google Chrome has it's own lever (the slider) pulled down.
You must be registered for see images attach
I told you no dumb answers as I know how a computer works facepalm.jpg Ofcourse the volume for google chrome is up :p

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
I told you no dumb answers as I know how a computer works facepalm.jpg Ofcourse the volume for google chrome is up :p
Just trying to help, but in any means try to install an external Adobe Flash Player (by first disabling your Google Chrome's internal Flash player) then try again if it would work. Peace if it won't work.. but I know I did my best to reach out help. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread