Introduction helo

W

wheelchair

What? That could be anyone, there's no indication on that page that the person in question is the same person.

Also, what the fuck is a Snog, and how do they "verify" people?
Make a snog and message me on that snog. It's mine.

To verify you have to go on cam holding a piece of paper with your snog adress and send it in

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Make a snog and message me on that snog. It's mine.

To verify you have to go on cam holding a piece of paper with your snog adress and send it in
And what's to say that you didn't "hack" that account? If you have a cam, then go .

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I don't understand why its such a big deal if someone claims to be a chick and they don't give you proof? So what, I bet if i asked half of the people in this thread to prove that they are actually male by going on cam or making a sign for you, they wouldn't do it.

Jesus Christ are you that desperate? Get over it and treat them like you would any other member.

Never-the-less, Welcome to the boards. 
I don't understand why its such a big deal if someone claims to be a chick and they don't give you proof? So what, I bet if i asked half of the people in this thread to prove that they are actually male by going on cam or making a sign for you, they wouldn't do it.

Jesus Christ are you that desperate? Get over it and treat them like you would any other member.

So what if there's weird kids claiming to be chicks? How does being a girl on this forum change anything?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010

I'll go on cam and prove it? It's not a big deal. Also, since girls seem to be treated better here we want proof.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I don't understand why its such a big deal if someone claims to be a chick and they don't give you proof?
As I stated before, a majority of the time they are little boys who think it'd be cool to act like a girl. Out of the 27,790 members we have, there's only three that are actually (verified) girls, which is a major reason why it's a big deal.

Desperate? What makes asking for someone's identity desperate? It's hard to treat someone the same when in fact 99% of the time they actually turn out to be a guy. When I talk to someone, I like to know the actual person, and not some fake persona that they used on the Internet to pretend to be someone else.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
As I stated before, a majority of the time they are little boys who think it'd be cool to act like a girl. Out of the 27,790 members we have, there's only three that are actually (verified) girls, which is a major reason why it's a big deal.

Desperate? What makes asking for someone's identity desperate? It's hard to treat someone the same when in fact 99% of the time they actually turn out to be a guy. When I talk to someone, I like to know the actual person, and not some fake persona that they used on the Internet to pretend to be someone else.

Why should being a girl or pretending to be a girl on DevBest change anything? And how do you know, people could be female pretending to be male because of all the creepy shit people ask the females for on here, i wouldn't blame them.

It's not necessarily the asking for their identity that's desperate, its the constant bugging. In this situation you've got 3 or 4 people verifying that the person at hand is actually female. Why do you need to cam her as-well?

And why is someones sexuality any of your business? Just accept what sexuality they claim to be and leave it at that. If someone wants to pretend to be a female, so be it, that's not your problem.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Why should being a girl or pretending to be a girl on DevBest change anything? And how do you know, people could be female pretending to be male because of all the creepy shit people ask the females for on here, i wouldn't blame them.

Sure, there could be girls on here pretending to be guys, but the odds are very stacked against that possibility. When on the other hand, if you claim to be a girl on here, you're more likely to be a guy, as oppose to being an actual girl. Would I like that to not be the case? Of course, but that's the sad reality of how it works here, mainly due to the type of interests this forum appeals to.

It's not necessarily the asking for their identity that's desperate, its the constant bugging. In this situation you've got 3 or 4 people verifying that the person at hand is actually female. Why do you need to cam her as-well?

Constant bugging? I don't bug anyone at all, I simply state my mind in their thread. If they didn't "verify" themselves, I honestly could give to shits. But at the end of the day, there's a peace of mind element when you know someone is actually real, when the odds are greatly stacked against them actually being real.

As to your point of about others knowing her, I don't know any of you, and trust no one.

And why is someones sexuality any of your business? Just accept what sexuality they claim to be and leave it at that. If someone wants to pretend to be a female, so be it, that's not your problem.

I never stated anything about sexuality. If you want to be gay, then by all means be gay. But when you pretend to be someone you're not, and eventually become a well known member, I do have a problem with that. You're breaking the communities trust, and possibly manipulating people into doing things they wouldn't have otherwise done if they knew their actual identity, and not their made up Internet persona.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Sure, there could be girls on here pretending to be guys, but the odds are very stacked against that possibility. When on the other hand, if you claim to be a girl on here, you're more likely to be a guy, as oppose to being an actual girl. Would I like that to not be the case? Of course, but that's the sad reality of how it works here, mainly due to the type of interests this forum appeals to.

Constant bugging? I don't bug anyone at all, I simply state my mind in their thread. If they didn't "verify" themselves, I honestly could give to shits. But at the end of the day, there's a peace of mind element when you know someone is actually real, when the odds are greatly stacked against them actually being real.

As to your point of about others knowing her, I don't know any of you, and trust no one.

I never stated anything about sexuality. If you want to be gay, then by all means be gay. But when you pretend to be someone you're not, and eventually become a well known member, I do have a problem with that. You're breaking the communities trust, and possibly manipulating people into doing things they wouldn't have otherwise done if they knew their actual identity, and not their made up Internet persona.

My bad, not sexuality, gender.

My point wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was aimed at most male members as a whole. I've seen numerous people asking the girl members for pictures of themselves whilst holding a sign of their name and asking for a cam.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
My bad, not sexuality, gender.

My point wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was aimed at most male members as a whole. I've seen numerous people asking the girl members for pictures of themselves whilst holding a sign of their name and asking for a cam.
Does anyone make them do it? No, it mainly is more of a 'joke' within the community. If they don't want to show pictures of them self, then fine, they don't have to. Nobody is forcing them to do it, and there aren't any consequences if you don't show a picture of yourself when you are a girl.

Do you don't mind showing a picture of yourself as a girl - congratulations, you even get a special "Female Verified" award which shows on your profile and posts. And if you actually mind it to show a picture of yourself - just don't comment on people like that and most of the members won't make a problem out of it. Unless people like you are going to make a big deal out of it yourselves.

Maybe get more in touch with the community so you would understand this all.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Does anyone make them do it? No, it mainly is more of a 'joke' within the community. If they don't want to show pictures of them self, then fine, they don't have to. Nobody is forcing them to do it, and there aren't any consequences if you don't show a picture of yourself when you are a girl.

Do you don't mind showing a picture of yourself as a girl - congratulations, you even get a special "Female Verified" award which shows on your profile and posts. And if you actually mind it to show a picture of yourself - just don't comment on people like that and most of the members won't make a problem out of it. Unless people like you are going to make a big deal out of it yourselves.

Maybe get more in touch with the community so you would understand this all.

I believe I've seen more than enough situations like this to understand this, i just disagree with it.

The first 4 posts in this thread were people asking for proof that this user is actually a chick. Why should she/he or any other user for that matter have to prove their gender to you? I don't get why you can't just accept what they say.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I believe I've seen more than enough situations like this to understand this, i just disagree with it.

The first 4 posts in this thread were people asking for proof that this user is actually a chick. Why should she/he or any other user for that matter have to prove their gender to you? I don't get why you can't just accept what they say.
They don't have to? Its a question. They aren't forced to awnser it.

And I do accept what they say, however, like most of the active users on this forum, know how it works and don't make a big problem out of it. However for some reason you want to be the big hero, if you have a crush on this new member just say so instead of starting a pointless argument.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
They don't have to? Its a question. They aren't forced to awnser it.

And I do accept what they say, however, like most of the active users on this forum, know how it works and don't make a big problem out of it. However for some reason you want to be the big hero, if you have a crush on this new member just say so instead of starting a pointless argument.

Honestly, i could go on for days with this argument. But i'm not going to because this a Welcome thread, nothing more.

My final say is this, for a female to be recognized officially on this forum as a female, you ask them to give you visual proof of themselves. Which basically means, every user is male until proven otherwise. Does that sound very equal and fair to you?

Users who are viewing this thread