Introduction Hello!

Mista Wicket

Dec 30, 2011
Hello, it's nice to meet you all!
My name is Warren aka "Mista Wicket". I live in Southern Arizona, and am a gamer / music producer / song writer / recording artist. My 9-5 job is as a trainer for customer service, but I've always wanted to run my own company.

I was blessed to be able to achieve that goal as I'm the owner of independent record label Mad Funk Entertainment. I've recorded two CD's, the first in 2001 "The Program" - (Unreleased). I was able to release my Debut CD "Judges" In April of 2009, and always intended re-record & release "The Program" (Work in progress) & "Nimrod" (Titled after an enemy character from The X-Men comics) in 2012 / 2013.

My true passions in life are music & gaming (in no particular order). When I originally set up my company, I decided to name it Mad Funk Entertainment instead of Mad Funk Records because I always wanted to venture into other media outlets, like games for example. I've got two game idea projects envisioned as hits on the console (Xbox via XNA / Indie Games / App hub - Which I am a member of under the name Mr. Wicket) / PC market. My challenge is that unlike my Music releases, I cannot do everything myself when it comes to creating the games I'm envisioning. I have audio, including sound effects, Background Music, Dialog recording, and etcetera under control, which leads to my joining this site for recruiting purposes.

Looking forward to meeting & interacting with the many developers on the forums, and I'm looking to be successful those of you on this roller coaster ride of an adventure!

Mista Wicket

Dec 30, 2011
Wow, That's some introduction. Well done on the record label.

Thanks M0nsta! I wasn't sure if my intro was overkill, but I figure it's easier to share now, so there aren't as many questions later... As for your offer on the website, feel free to take a look at the site . I am looking to update it, and incorporate something like site sign in/out but my PHP skill are non-existence - let me know when a good time to talk about it w/ you would be.

Welcome Need Help With anything PM Me And Add me on Fb
PinkPowah - I greatly appreciate the extension! Look for a Fb friend request, but please note I'm rarely on... (I blame Xbox Live.)

Wow, you have achieved some things...
Kaz - Thank you very much! While none of it was easy, for me it was still fun because it was never perceived as actual work!

I feel very welcomed & touched for you all to share a piece of your time here and I thank you all for not initiating us newbie’s by allowing us to enjoy the uncomfortable sound of crickets after our posts.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Maybe you and I could work on a single? I'm a pretty good singer..

Anyways, welcome to the forums.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Well hello there! Nice to meet someone with the same passion to music as I have. I hope you enjoy your stay, and best of all making a lot of people happy!

See you 'round :)

Mista Wicket

Dec 30, 2011
Thanks all - RastaLulz - I though you were serious for a moment there... until I checked out the link... u got me!

Users who are viewing this thread