Introduction Hello, I'm Sombie

Sombie

Oct 24, 2014
Hey,

I'm Sam, 11 year and I'm coming from the Netherlands.
I can code in PHP, HTML, CSS and some little things in Javascript.
At the moment I'm busy with Stone (not sure if this is the name I really want to), it's a simple blogging system with a WYSIWYG text-editor, Syntax Highlighting, easy-to-edit about page and a lot more to come.
My English isn't great, but I hope you can understand me :)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Well, Welcome to Devbest.

When you say you are creating a blogging system.. Are you actually coding and developing by yourself or do you have someone helping you complete this task?

Sombie

Oct 24, 2014
There are some things I've grabbed from the internet, those things:
- AdminLTE dashboard (for the dashboard ofcourse)
- RangyInputs (for the WYSIWYG editor)
- RainTPL (Template Engine)

Further, I've coded everything by myself. I understand that it looks that I'm too young, I've heard that more often.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
So you grabbed the template...
and the dashboard...
and the editor...
and yet you coded everything...
ookayy.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Welcome .
and the dashboard...
and the editor...
ookayy.
He never said that he has coded everything? He said he was busy with it that's not saying he coded eveything there, he could just be heavily customizing it or something lol.

Sombie

Oct 24, 2014
and the dashboard...
and the editor...
ookayy.
You understand me wrong, I'll explain:
I've made the template by myself, I hope you know what a template engine is. RangyInputs is a jQuery plugin to do some awesome things with selections. AdminLTE is only a template, I'm creating a system for AdminLTE, so I'm creating only the back-end of the dashboard. The website is made by me, without Bootstrap or any other CSS framework. And on the website itself I've code a system that loads the blogposts, that allows the following tags: <b><i><code><ins><del><a>, the rest comes as &lt;script&gt; or any other tag. I hope you understand me now :)

Last edited:

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
When I was your age, I coded an entire CMS! Anyways, welcome to Devbest.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Can't find anything about RibbonCMS on the internet, do you have a link to GitHub or anything like that?
I removed it on GitHub since it's over 4 years now and development has stopped. But the threads are still there on Devbest.

Sombie

Oct 24, 2014
I removed it on GitHub since it's over 4 years now and development has stopped. But the threads are still there on Devbest.
I've quickly checked the topic, It looks nice. I think your PHP experience at that age was much huger than my PHP experience at this age.

Users who are viewing this thread