Hello guys, need some help on choosing the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silenos

Obsessed.
Aug 7, 2017
It depends, all of the current public emulators have their advantages and disadvantages.

Plus is the most popular emulator but I would have too much to complain about Plus, however it gets the job done.
Arcturus is currently the most feature-rich public emulator right now, never used it to be honest.
Last but not least; Comet - in my opinion still the best emulator after fixing little things here and there, not recommended if you are not able to do so.

Laynester

a bad bitch
Nov 7, 2018
plus is noob friendly, but arcturus morningstar has more features, a better pathfinder

i said this earlier on a different thread, thought it was on this lmao, devbest be broken

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
It really doesn't matter, you will be the only member and stop "hosting" it in a week.
That's usually how it plays out when there are comments like this that downgrade people and make them wanna give up. :rolleyes:

On topic: First off, good luck with whatever hotel you're opening, nice to see new hotels still opening. Honestly, I'd recommend Plus Emulator. Arcturus is not the preferred emulator I'd choose for a beginner, though it has most things built into it, there's more required to even attempt to make adjustments to it considering it is coded in Java. I'd highly recommend Plus Emulator as it uses a basic IDE known as Visual Studio which is free, easy to navigate, and there are numerous tutorials on it and as a beginner, you should probably get used to C# to get a sense of how methods/variables work in a console environment such as command line.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Have a little faith brother, we all start somewhere. :p
My support would be behind him if he were an actual member of the community.

Instead, he is one of the 10+ people that join each day to be spoonfed.

I've seen hundreds of people post shit like this, none of them have a hotel today.

My guess, he isn't qualified to be a mod on one of the popular ones, so he wants to start his own.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
My support would be behind him if he were an actual member of the community.

Instead, he is one of the 10+ people that join each day to be spoonfed.

I've seen hundreds of people post shit like this, none of them have a hotel today.

My guess, he isn't qualified to be a mod on one of the popular ones, so he wants to start his own.
That may be the case, but we gotta at least give him a shot, whether the last 10 have been that way, we should at least allow him a chance to prove himself. That's how we'll keep the community alive, most of the OGs have either left or aren't as active as they were in the past, so getting newcomers to the retro scene is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread