Hai, how do I factory reset my laptop?

Ignorance

Jul 29, 2012
Any ideas how to factory reset my laptop? It's an Acer Aspire 5732z. I want to set it back to factory settings where it just has Windows on it it's Windows 7. Thanks :)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I'd be aware of what you're clearing. Be sure not to clear the c:/ drive, unless you have a windows 7 OS disk spare.
I made the mistake of clearing it without a CD and it caused a whole load of problems. Just a pre-warning :p

Ignorance

Jul 29, 2012
I'd be aware of what you're clearing. Be sure not to clear the c:/ drive, unless you have a windows 7 OS disk spare.
I made the mistake of clearing it without a CD and it caused a whole load of problems. Just a pre-warning :p
My dads friend has a Windows 7 cd :) made sure of that :D.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I have a backup will it delete that? Because if it goes wrong I could use that.

Ignorance

Jul 29, 2012
Have the Windows 7 CD on hand, open Partition manager, format the C drive to NTFS, put the CD in the drive, reboot, and boot from CD.
Will do, was looking mainly to get rid of everything except the drivers and Windows 7, if something else pops up that can do that I'll try. If not I'll use that. Thanks :D.

Sals

Actions speak louder than words
Mar 23, 2011
You don't even need the CD, just download it from the net the original Windows 7 copy, which matches the one currently on your laptop, write down your product key & the installation begins, you don't even need to mount it as a drive, it should just let you run it.

That's how I dualbooted Windows 8 & 7 anyway...

Ignorance

Jul 29, 2012
You don't even need the CD, just download it from the net the original Windows 7 copy, which matches the one currently on your laptop, write down your product key & the installation begins, you don't even need to mount it as a drive, it should just let you run it.

That's how I dualbooted Windows 8 & 7 anyway...
Nice idea ;)

Users who are viewing this thread