Habflash: The easy way to use flash, just like you used to.

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
You must be registered for see images attach

Beta, v1.0.0
Hello everyone! Thank you for your kind comments and support over on my development thread!

With flash coming up for it's planned end-of-life at the end of this month - I today bring you a release which I know is long awaited. I hope that it buys some more time for the community to adapt to a world without Flash and allows a better experience for the community with users only downloading one app - rather than several for each and every hotel.

OPNdIom.gif

How does Habflash work?
Our app is built in JavaScript and has been tested on Windows and MacOS. Habflash uses Chromium, the same browser technology used by Google Chrome, so your websites should all load effectively as they did before. The software is relatively lightweight and can be easily added or removed from your system.

The address bar and tabbed interface make it easy for you to switch seemlessly between different applications and websites.

Running Habflash for the first time?
Depending on your security settings you may receive a message warning you that the application is from an unknown publisher. This is just because I have not paid lots of money to Microsoft and Apple for signing certificates. You can override these messages. I have provided virus scans below.

Windows instructions:
MacOS instructions:

After this is complete, the software will run for you every time.

Downloads
Feel free to use these on your websites/hotels.

MacOSDownload:

Virus Scan:
Windows 32-bitDownload:

Virus Scan:
Windows 64-bitDownload:

Virus Scan:

Enjoy!

P.s. there will probably be a GitHub soon...

Paralyzed

Dec 10, 2020
Thanks, thanks and thanks again. The browser is very good, but it would be nice, if its possible to change the standard-page and change language.

Shxrty

Shorty#1960
Mar 31, 2018
Thanks, thanks and thanks again. The browser is very good, but it would be nice, if its possible to change the standard-page and change language.
I thought about this aswell, like make it like a browser add a "Settings" page and make it to where you can Clear Cache, Edit Bookmarks, Change Language, color style etc..

RuddoxXs

Jul 21, 2019
Once flash player is obsolete, the retro will no longer be accessible on it because Windows will do an Update.

Hypothesis

Programmer
Jan 6, 2019
Not sure this will be useful or work after Flash's departure, if you read the new article on Flash and Adobe.

"Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021." I assume this means that anything attempting to use Flash Player will also be blocked from running. Any attempt to continue using Flash I think would require more than just downloading this program, like an older flash version, however, Windows users will have Flash automatically removed from their device if they were to update to the latest Windows update. Also apparently this update restricts users from downloading any type of Flash content entirely.

Solid

May 1, 2012
Will any browsers support Flash after 2020?
It's year 2020, and, as announced by Adobe, the timeline for Flash's end-of-life is nearing. Major browser vendors have also announced they will stop supporting Flash Player after December 2020. ... So if users don't update their browsers, they will still be able to run Flash.May 18, 2020
-Adobe
So, what i'm seeing is all MAJOR internet browsers will stop supporting Flash. We can use this and electron app to create our own internet browsers.

lincoln67

Nov 2, 2017
Will any browsers support Flash after 2020?
It's year 2020, and, as announced by Adobe, the timeline for Flash's end-of-life is nearing. Major browser vendors have also announced they will stop supporting Flash Player after December 2020. ... So if users don't update their browsers, they will still be able to run Flash.May 18, 2020
-Adobe
So, what i'm seeing is all MAJOR internet browsers will stop supporting Flash. We can use this and electron app to create our own internet browsers.

Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.

Solid

May 1, 2012
It says blocked from Adobe Flash Player. But with this application and any other Electron based application you can install Adobe PepperTree in the path. ( a older version of Adobe) . I atleast hope it will work, HTML 5 client hasn't been released yet so us who don't have access to html 5 client etc will be sol lol.
Post automatically merged:

So should i close my Flash retro?

Last edited:

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
It will work if you compile it with a earlier version of flash.
I’ve been super busy at work lately so I’ve not had time to do it.

Source code is on here if you want to do it yourself and make a release

Users who are viewing this thread