Recruiting Habbofansite

Youwillknow

Jul 31, 2013
Looking for someone who would love to make a habbo fansite with me.
You know things about the usersystem , radiosystem , etc.
Add me on skype : jonasvs

GuessMyName

Sep 30, 2014
If your willing to spend around £200 on it then sure.
Why would building a simple website with some what easy functions cost anyone £200 stop misleading.
why so much lol
I agree strongly building a website which has user panels and staff area's aren't too hard and if you did hire a designer it wouldn't be too expensive but nonetheless you are best working on a RevCMS and it's database, keep user tables and staff functions etc and when you become more comfortable take a leap and learn to program one yo self.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Why would building a simple website with some what easy functions cost anyone £200 stop misleading.

I agree strongly building a website which has user panels and staff area's aren't too hard and if you did hire a designer it wouldn't be too expensive but nonetheless you are best working on a RevCMS and it's database, keep user tables and staff functions etc and when you become more comfortable take a leap and learn to program one yo self.
He's not going to be working with revcms or a database? He wants a fansite? Like

GuessMyName

Sep 30, 2014
He's not going to be working with revcms or a database? He wants a fansite? Like habbox
Yes but most likely as he has come to ask for help he doesn't know how to code, working with RevCMS is a very good idea it's already set up working user database and a working login/register/me page and can work on from there, he could delete unneeded pages and tables and build up from there. Eventually when fully understand the system he could attempt to make his own system

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Yes but most likely as he has come to ask for help he doesn't know how to code, working with RevCMS is a very good idea it's already set up working user database and a working login/register/me page and can work on from there, he could delete unneeded pages and tables and build up from there. Eventually when fully understand the system he could attempt to make his own system
Lol No. To build a fansite from a hotel would not even remotely help him. It's not even near the same coding. He wants a more of a forum look then a hotel look. He might as well get a template for a fansite

Quick Google Search"

GuessMyName

Sep 30, 2014
Lol No. To build a fansite from a hotel would not even remotely help him. It's not even near the same coding. He wants a more of a forum look then a hotel look. He might as well get a template for a fansite
Yes I understand the point you are putting across;
RevCMS has everything for a beginner:
- Working register/login page
- Working me page, can easily learn CSS or fiddle about to his requirements
- Working database and can remove empty or non required tables
- Easily understandably written and a great source to learn from

Furthermore a lot of habbo coders ended up working on RevCMS and now work and create their own sites after working on Rev based websites to learn and get to grips on coding.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
ok you don't have to start on RevCMS To know how to code. He could start on anything is my point. Copying code from revcms doesn't teach him shit but how to make exploits.

GuessMyName

Sep 30, 2014
ok you don't have to start on RevCMS To know how to code. He could start on anything is my point. Copying code from revcms doesn't teach him shit but how to make exploits.
I'm saying he can work on little things then develop to big ones.

It's like chucking a baby into the deep end of a swim pool and expecting them to learn to swim without guidance.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
And you want them to start on RevCMS which isn't even HTML It's PHP to start off with and CMS stands for Content Management System and before you should even start PHP You need to learn HTML/CSS because those are the basics. If you take ANY web development class it always goes: HTML , CSS , then PHP.

GuessMyName

Sep 30, 2014
Jesus I'm saying obviously they must know tiny parts of languages.
They can sure as hell change text and take in what they see as the code.
They can change things and google "How to add pictures" "how to remove parts of website" everything like that...

Anyhow I won't be replying due to being busy on client project.

Latinus

"Not everything that shines is Gold"
Jan 2, 2012
Hey, I'd be happy to be a forum mod in your Fansite.
If interested contact me.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
why so much lol
Habbo Fansite = Website and Forum.
Vbulletin licence is about £200 or £100 (if you can find pre-owned)
Website hosting is about £20 a month
domain is like £5-10 a year.
basically it would add up to £200 overall with buying a website layout and shit.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
He asked for a fansite not a Vbulletin forum,
Website Hosting is literally like not even that much , you're talking a VPS.
Domain is like .99¢ a year if you get it from the right place

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Hey @Youwillknow ,
For a Content Management System - RevCMS, Just modify it to your liking. I'll probably give you a modified version if i have time doing it.
Owen is right for most of the details. There are some webhosting which cost 20 Pounds but you can probably go to hostgator or something close to it to host your habbo fansite for a cheaper price. For domain i would suggest crazydomains.co.uk or whatever their link is.

Owen

Mar 20, 2013
He asked for a fansite not a Vbulletin forum,
Website Hosting is literally like not even that much , you're talking a VPS.
Domain is like .99¢ a year if you get it from the right place
A complete fansite is a website and a forum.. sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread