Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
pocket-habbo-logo.gif
Screenshots of Pocket Habbo:
mzl.cxnsseub.640x960-75.jpg
mzl.wmevwzwi.640x960-75.jpg
tEFgD.png
image+(8)_1355471099_959.png

Habbo Hotel made headlines of the wrong kind earlier this year when some users of the children’s virtual world were found to be posting explicit sexchat messages.

Parent company Sulake has been working hard ever since to clean up Habbo and strengthen its moderation. Now it’s seemingly on the verge of launching a dedicated chat app for iPhone called Pocket Habbo.

The app appears to have gone live on Apple’s App Store last night, before being removed – its listing is still viewable on aggregation site Appshopper ( ).

“Download the 100% free Pocket Habbo app to chat with your Habbo Friends,” explains the App Store listing. “Chat for free! For the first time in Habbo history, Pocket Habbo enables you to send messages also to those friends who are offline.”

The app was listed as a free download. It remains to be seen when it will be launched officially on the App Store.

Is it a risk launching a mobile chat app, given the events earlier this year? Sulake is presumably confident that its moderation systems are up to scratch, but some parents may be concerned at the idea of their children chatting to Habbo friends on devices, rather than a family computer.

Source:

--- From Habbo Pixel Blog ---

Our new Pocket Habbo mobile app is launching around the world on December 19th. You’ll be able to download the 100% free Pocket Habbo app from the Apple Store on an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad (compatibility mode).

Pocket Habbo can be linked to your Habbo Account from any hotel and allows you to talk with your Habbo friends from your mobile. You can also receive offline messages on your mobile and in Habbo!

As a holiday bonus, starting Thursday you’ll be able to redeem a daily gift for 12 days just for checking in on Pocket Habbo! Easy access to Habbo and daily rewards, what could be better? Make sure to download early to get all the gifts!

We hope you enjoy this new way to stay connected.

Source Link:

Right now, there is no Android app for Pocket Habbo.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Approved. - Saw this on another forum looks pretty sexy and a nice move, but they need to do a little more in the hotel than start something new.

iRekan

XboxOneFTW!
Nov 8, 2011
Pocket Habbo is a mess. Either port the client into iDevices and Android or its crap :)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Approved. - Saw this on another forum looks pretty sexy and a nice move, but they need to do a little more in the hotel than start something new.
I think it's shite to be honest, I've seen the comments on some of the fansites (most people installed and un-installed) because all you can do is talk to your friends, nothing more. If they had more features I think it'd be nice.

My opinion is that either they add more features like actually being able to play habbo or whatever, or just don't create this type of app at all. Imo > It's useless.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
If you are an average Habbo user who goes on daily, met people in real life from Habbo and so forth... then I think Pocket Habbo is pretty useful. When your friends are on Habbo and you're not on your computer, you can chat them away using Pocket Habbo - without having to switch on your computer.

The dark side is that - they are now no longer required to chat friends from Habbo using their family computers/personal computers but of their personal device... which means, parents will find it hard to moderate which person his/her child chats to. And, another bad part is that they didn't port it to Android ...

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I really love the design of PocketHabbo but is really quite useless since you can't walk around the hotel. Something as shitty as Minecraft Pocket Edition is better just because you can do what the main point of the game is...Build.

Dann

ohi
Jan 26, 2013
I like the design, good idea but might just put a bigger hole in their pocket. I think eventually it will be bought out on android, just have to wait and see.

CosmoTrigger

Dec 30, 2012
I'm really surprised they're not making you pay for this, this is a really well designed app, but there's no point to it, and for the people wanting it to be able to let you on the client, think about how fast your battery would die, and iPhone doesn't support flash, but if you have an android or iPhone download , I haven't tested it but it has full flash capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread