"Grave Digging" - Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Suggestion to add "Grave Digging" to the "Global Forum Rules" list.
What is Grave Digging?
Grave Digging to most people is known to as responding to old(er) posts, where they become untouched through time, until someone decides to re-post on it. Which can be an irritation to some, as many have seen, or responded to it, that don't need to see it again. Ex: A post was made by Jerry on October 20 2013, it got a significant amount of responses, and the last one was on December 20 2013 with many continued responses and no "date gaps". Tom decides to post on it again, but on March 20 2014.

Tom, is new to the forums, and hadn't and wouldn't of known what "Grave Digging" was, unless there was a follow up thread, such as the "Global Forum Rules" list, that doesn't/yet consist of the Rule "Grave Digging". But because it is known to common sense to other members, Tom is *attacked by annoyed users.

Just like other new users might not know what Off Topic posts/Spamming is, they will refer to the "Global Forum Rules", so they wont be inflicted on drama, or the least punished.

Why Am I suggesting this?
I see this literally almost everywhere on the forums.. Even a recent post that was touched today. Users who do know, even decide to post on it, after weeks, months, year(s). The "report" button is there for a reason. Grave digging can be a similar rule to spamming. But, users who want to respond to a post need to know the difference.

23wable.png

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Do you mean thread bumping? If so that's already a rule.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Pretty sure that is the same thing as bumping a thread. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I don't see a problem with it personally as long as it's a "constructive bump".

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I completely agree with what Jay said; it's a blatant offence. Would a more specific rule really stop it from happening?

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Do you mean thread bumping? If so that's already a rule.

In my opinion I think theyre 2 different things. Maybe in your mind they are the same. When I read the "thread bumping" I thought to myself, the way that the description is, someone is bumping their/whoever's post on purpose to get attention for support or answers.

In gravedigging, I always learned from other forums that people are not suppose to just post on any thread they want after a period of time. aka making spam. (post count)

Or someone might not have seen the thread already and is trying to contribute to it?
This is a good example of what not to do.

--------
Mod please close thread.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Oh you mean bumping a thread? It's in the global forum rules

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread