Getting Hacked

ChoZuri

Apr 16, 2012
Hi guys, I keep getting hacked because I fired my friend, now his friend is attacking my hotel and its starting to piss me off because I've got other shit to deal with right now too.

I've come tot he conclusion that he is hacking through ASE housekeeping, he demotes all the staff and changes their names to the same name. So there are like 5 people with the same name. Easiest way to fix this is to pull a backup, but I am doing this everyday now.. so you could imagine how annoying this is for me.

I rarely use housekeeping so I was wondering if there is a way I could disable it? If I delete the "ASE" folder, will it be disabled? Any other suggestions? I don't want to shut down the hotel because I have a small amount of daily users who really enjoy playing on it. It would be a disappointment to them if I were to close it, so if you have any other suggestions please comment away.

Thanks guys.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Rev has no exploits so he probably knows someones pass to get into the housekeeping I reccomend you telling the staff to change there pass and you should have no problems,

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
RevCMS has no exploits. Doubt that GrapeASE has exploits, the 'so-called' hacker might have knew any of your staff's password which has access to the player management section. I advise you to tell your staffs to get a stronger password, that cannot be cracked (for example, the hash for that password can't be reverted back to the original message). E.g. r4nd0MshItzPW, if it allows special characters like !@# then use them too.

ChoZuri

Apr 16, 2012
RevCMS has no exploits. Doubt that GrapeASE has exploits, the 'so-called' hacker might have knew any of your staff's password which has access to the player management section. I advise you to tell your staffs to get a stronger password, that cannot be cracked (for example, the hash for that password can't be reverted back to the original message). E.g. r4nd0MshItzPW, if it allows special characters like !@# then use them too.
Well ever since I disabled the GrapeASE housekeeping, we haven't been hacked. So it seems that was the entrance to the hack.

Users who are viewing this thread