General Discussion: TV & Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Hi!

Just over the past few months, I've been noticing how many times 'good films?' is said in the Shoutbox. I was thinking, why don't we have a TV & Film section? It'd be great to have a stickied thread titled 'Good Films?' and people can post their favorite films. (Or recently watched).

Plus, people can post their opinions on a film or TV Show. Plus, we could have a thread on 'What's your favorite program/series?'. I would be an active poster there - What you think?

Thanks,

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Same! I watch a few TV shows, films and docs fairly often. I agree with this.

Oft; Any decent films to watch?

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Same! I watch a few TV shows, films and docs fairly often. I agree with this.

Oft; Any decent films to watch?
That's what this section would be about. Instead of posting in Shoutbox - You can go to the thread and see others suggestions.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Unsure of my thoughts on this, you guys have a few sections like for example the 'Debate' section, but they're never put to good use and end up with stupid threads full of spam.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Unsure of my thoughts on this, you guys have a few sections like for example the 'Debate' section, but they're never put to good use and end up with stupid threads full of spam.
I agree with this in some respects. But do you ever see someone in shoutbox posting 'What's better, McDonalds or KFC?', not really. The debate section is un-used really.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I agree with this in some respects. But do you ever see someone in shoutbox posting 'What's better, McDonalds or KFC?', not really. The debate section is un-used really.

The same would happen with this section, and the threads posted in there were similar to 'What is your favorite color?', the same would happen with this section with 'Which is better Showname or Showname' and what not, nothing will go there that is extensive with its content.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
The same would happen with this section, and the threads posted in there were similar to 'What is your favorite color?', the same would happen with this section with 'Which is better Showname or Showname' and what not, nothing will go there that is extensive with its content.
That's not what I think the section would achieve. I'd rather think of this as a review/place to look for good films/programs, not a debate in which one via a thread. (In a thread's fine. So say someone posted; 'Watch Bob the Builder!', someone can comment 'I disliked this because of blahblah. I recommend Teletubbies!')

But if that's your thoughts, your entitled to an opinion. :)

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Tbf, the best idea close to this is to create a thread, similar to "what are you listening to", in the entertainment section. It could be called "What films are you watching?" etc. That would it'd bump up the entertainment section without creating a sub-forum.

Sorry for the shit example of what the thread could be called.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
That's not what I think the section would achieve. I'd rather think of this as a review/place to look for good films/programs, not a debate in which one via a thread. (In a thread's fine. So say someone posted; 'Watch Bob the Builder!', someone can comment 'I disliked this because of blahblah. I recommend Teletubbies!')

But if that's your thoughts, your entitled to an opinion. :)

Thank you, however I'm simply saying all this will lead to is the same as the other requested sections for an example 'Debate' it gets added but not used regularly, with this section the same would happen.

Oh and also, you have the following sections that you could post those threads into:

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Thank you, however I'm simply saying all this will lead to is the same as the other requested sections for an example 'Debate' it gets added but not used regularly, with this section the same would happen.

Oh and also, you have the following sections that you could post those threads into:

I would disagree with this point; 'not used regularly'. I, for one, would certainly use this often. Plus, I think other members of DevBest would post there. In my opinion, it might engage the users through threads, not shoutbox alone.

Also, if we made a stickied thread/sub section in Entertainment, I think that would also be used. The stickied thread like said above.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I've added the following thread prefixes to the "Entertainment" section: "Movie" and "TV".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread