Gate Items not working in client, New Wall Item Crashes Client 9HELP)

Yorick

Aug 10, 2016
Heeey,

I'm still adding new furni to keep up with the new furni.
But some of the Easter furni contains gate furni items and wall items.

And i added them as i think is correct in adding those 2 items but seems that the block of the
gate you can place but it never is walkable, open of closed!

And for wall items my client just crashes when you select it in the catalog here is some information/data of the items:

BTW: I use the basic PlusEMU R2, Thanks for the responses in advance!

You must be registered for see images attach

Code:
<furnitype id="6944" classname="easter_c18_glassdoor">
    <revision>59005</revision>
    <defaultdir>0</defaultdir>
    <xdim>2</xdim>
    <ydim>6</ydim>
    <partcolors  />
    <name>Glazen Entree</name>
    <description>easter_c18_glassdoor Desc</description>
    <adurl></adurl>
    <offerid>-1</offerid>
    <buyout>0</buyout>
    <rentofferid>-1</rentofferid>
    <rentbuyout>0</rentbuyout>
    <bc>0</bc>
    <excludeddynamic>0</excludeddynamic>
    <customparams></customparams>
    <specialtype>1</specialtype>
    <canstandon>1</canstandon>
    <cansiton>0</cansiton>
    <canlayon>0</canlayon>
</furnitype>

If Media isn't working:

Code:
<furnitype id="7012" classname="easter_c19_forrestbg">
    <revision>59005</revision>
    <defaultdir>0</defaultdir>
    <xdim>1</xdim>
    <ydim>1</ydim>
    <partcolors  />
    <name>Sprookjesbos</name>
    <description>easter_c19_forrestbg Desc</description>
    <adurl></adurl>
    <offerid>-1</offerid>
    <buyout>0</buyout>
    <rentofferid>-1</rentofferid>
    <rentbuyout>0</rentbuyout>
    <bc>0</bc>
    <excludeddynamic>0</excludeddynamic>
    <customparams></customparams>
    <specialtype>1</specialtype>
    <canstandon>0</canstandon>
    <cansiton>0</cansiton>
    <canlayon>0</canlayon>
</furnitype>

If Media isn't working:

The wall item in furnidata.xml is just place in

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<furnidata>
<roomitemtypes>

// INSIDE HERE IS THE WALL ITEM PLACED ALSO THE GATE ITEM

CXS7OM

Aug 12, 2017
For the Furnidata in XML wall items are inside another category called <wallitemtypes>, wall items must be placed on that category, not into roomitemtypes.

And regarding the gate issue, it must be the interaction_type on the furniture table or the can_walk / is_walkable column, depending on the emulator you're using even if the furniture has the proper interaction it also takes into account the walking allowance on the furniture.

Yorick

Aug 10, 2016
For the Furnidata in XML wall items are inside another category called <wallitemtypes>, wall items must be placed on that category, not into roomitemtypes.

And regarding the gate issue, it must be the interaction_type on the furniture table or the can_walk / is_walkable column, depending on the emulator you're using even if the furniture has the proper interaction it also takes into account the walking allowance on the furniture.
Thanks! :), but the old type of furni with gate just work fine only the new ones i added....
So i got to do something wrong on that then x-x

Last edited:

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
make the interaction_type of the gate just gate you don't need can_walk on 1 the interaction does it for you

also regarding what the previous guy said said, put it in <wallitemtypes> and make the first column in the furniture table for it change it to i from s

Yorick

Aug 10, 2016
make the interaction_type of the gate just gate you don't need can_walk on 1 the interaction does it for you

also regarding what the previous guy said said, put it in <wallitemtypes> and make the first column in the furniture table for it change it to i from s
The wall item i got fixed, but the gate even with doing your change still doesnt work, i now even set the interaction type to default and walkable to 1 and i cant walk trough it so there is my core issue
i think....

CXS7OM

Aug 12, 2017
The interaction has to be the gate (or the one set to be a gate on the emulator), the thing I said about can_walk is a common issue in some emulators I've seen that take into account that value even if the interaction is properly set.

Also try to set your interaction_modes_count to 2 in case it is not opening, maybe if it is in 1 it can also give problems with the opening. (Too much hardcoded shit this days XD, this bugs I'm saying come from early Comet versions)

Yorick

Aug 10, 2016
The interaction has to be the gate (or the one set to be a gate on the emulator), the thing I said about can_walk is a common issue in some emulators I've seen that take into account that value even if the interaction is properly set.

Also try to set your interaction_modes_count to 2 in case it is not opening, maybe if it is in 1 it can also give problems with the opening. (Too much hardcoded shit this days XD, this bugs I'm saying come from early Comet versions)

Ugh Hardcoded shit are things i hate the most, its a bad way of programming x-x even simple messages should not be hardcoded i think or atleast all in 1 class
I will take a look but the gate and stuff is opening its just even when its default value, the item is not walkable, and an other gate i have is walkeable closed and open on interaction type gate :?

Users who are viewing this thread