Gaming PC

May 1, 2015
Hey,
Just bought my first gaming pc for $500.
I'll post the specs below, my questions are as follows:

What games do you think can this handle? is there any way it would be able to handle GTA 5 as I want to play LSPDFR.
Did I get a good deal for $500?

Specs
-------------------------

AMD FX 8320
AMD Wrath Prism RGB Cooler
GTX 770
12GB DDR3
120GB SSD
1TB Hard Drive
Asrock Motherboard
500W Power Supply

All of that inside a Thermaltake case, looks pretty cool.

Thanks guys!

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
You messed up on the graphics card. That is what is one of the more important units for gaming. That graphics card is over 7 years old, it's out of touch.

Also a minimum power supply of 600W is required for the GTX 770 so you likely wont be able to use that.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
You bought a 2012 gaming PC in 2020 - sorry to say. Lookup benchmarks on YouTube. Just keep in mind to look for recent benchmarks, as updates do effect performance depending on what they have added/removed.

Edit: You got ripped off. You could've built something newer and that outperforms that PC for the same price, give or take a few dollars.

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah as previously mentioned by others this is a bad deal and this is a perfect example on why you should always do your research when buying new components, especially a whole PC.

For GTAV, the CPU will struggle due to it being a CPU heavy game, I think you'll average around 40-60fps on low-medium settings. Now with LSPDFR I'm not too sure, I've used RageMP but not LSPDFR. So that could also impact your fps. You'll be just best off trying it yourself.

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
so instead of hating on you, i shall try and help you...
I would first recommend saving up for at least a 750/850w psu,
then when you can purchase maybe something like a 960ssc, or a 1060ti,
both are capable of handling this game, maybe not at max settings, but it shall work, or if you wanted to get a used gpu, you can find a 1060-1070 super cheap,
then you should be somewhat set, or you could try and sell it as a whole, and use that money for a down payment on a prebuilt or self built desktop,
Best of luck my friend

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
so instead of hating on you, i shall try and help you...
I would first recommend saving up for at least a 750/850w psu,
then when you can purchase maybe something like a 960ssc, or a 1060ti,
both are capable of handling this game, maybe not at max settings, but it shall work, or if you wanted to get a used gpu, you can find a 1060-1070 super cheap,
then you should be somewhat set, or you could try and sell it as a whole, and use that money for a down payment on a prebuilt or self built desktop,
Best of luck my friend
You don't need that big of a power supply unit, especially for the graphic cards you recommended.

The suggestion for a downpayment on a prebuilt was not good. You are paying for someone else to purchase, and assembly the components. You can save a ton of money by assembling the PC yourself.

1060 would be a better investment than what he selected, but no way he needs to spend that much on a power supply...

This post was also 2 months ago so I am sure he has found a solution to this by now.

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
You don't need that big of a power supply unit, especially for the graphic cards you recommended.

The suggestion for a down payment on a prebuilt was not good. You are paying for someone else to purchase, and assembly the components. You can save a ton of money by assembling the PC yourself.

1060 would be a better investment than what he selected, but no way he needs to spend that much on a power supply...

This post was also 2 months ago so I am sure he has found a solution to this by now.
i said the down payment option on a prebuilt as i was not sure if he was capable of building his own, if you read the next few words I said " self built desktop" implying that he could build it himself, so that comment was unneeded, I was giving him multiple options bud, as not everyone needs a brand new 2080/3080, and
as you said
You messed up on the graphics card. That is what is one of the more important units for gaming. That graphics card is over 7 years old, it's out of touch.

Also a minimum power supply of 600W is required for the GTX 770 so you likely wont be able to use that.
"MINIMUM POWER SUPPLY OF 600W IS REQUIRED FOR THE GTX 770, i went a little bit higher since he would be using a newer more powerful card, so 750w isn't really too much, if i went along and said 1000 or some sort that would be pushing it, so therefore again your comment was unneeded.

and just because the post was 2 months old, doesn't mean he has fixed his issue, its called be "helpful" in assisting a fellow member with a problem he may, or may not have resolved. thanks for your comments, however they were un-needed now have a wonderful day, thanks :);)

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
i said the down payment option on a prebuilt as i was not sure if he was capable of building his own, if you read the next few words I said " self built desktop" implying that he could build it himself, so that comment was unneeded, I was giving him multiple options bud, as not everyone needs a brand new 2080/3080, and
as you said

"MINIMUM POWER SUPPLY OF 600W IS REQUIRED FOR THE GTX 770, i went a little bit higher since he would be using a newer more powerful card, so 750w isn't really too much, if i went along and said 1000 or some sort that would be pushing it, so therefore again your comment was unneeded.

and just because the post was 2 months old, doesn't mean he has fixed his issue, its called be "helpful" in assisting a fellow member with a problem he may, or may not have resolved. thanks for your comments, however they were un-needed now have a wonderful day, thanks :);)
1) You are right, he did say he bought his first gaming pc, so it is likely he bought a prebuilt anyway

2) You went higher on the GTX 770, which does require a minimum of 600W power supply, but the cards you suggested only need a minimum of 400W. The cost for the 770 is about the same (a tiny bit more expensive) than 1060, but 1060 is already outdated itself since as you just stated the 3080 came out this year. For $40 more he can get 2060 which came out in Q1 of 2019, which is much more powerful than 1060.

3) The O.P stated he bought the PC already so I think now he would have to upgrade parts anyway, so my first reply really wasn't helpful either since his post indicated he already purchased the P.C

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
1) You are right, he did say he bought his first gaming pc, so it is likely he bought a prebuilt anyway

2) You went higher on the GTX 770, which does require a minimum of 600W power supply, but the cards you suggested only need a minimum of 400W. The cost for the 770 is about the same (a tiny bit more expensive) than 1060, but 1060 is already outdated itself since as you just stated the 3080 came out this year. For $40 more he can get 2060 which came out in Q1 of 2019, which is much more powerful than 1060.

3) The O.P stated he bought the PC already so I think now he would have to upgrade parts anyway, so my first reply really wasn't helpful either since his post indicated he already purchased the P.C
i was just saying a card that he could find used pretty use for pretty cheap, is the reason why i mentioned those cards, and i understand you can get a 2060 for more, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread