Frowned Upon

Korey

Jan 7, 2014
Is regular HTML and CSS frowned up now due to HTML 5 and CSS5.... I've just learned Html & Css hopefully not for nothing!

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
There's no such thing as CSS5; the latest version of CSS is 3. Also, there's not much of a difference from HTML5 and it's previous versions, aside from a few different things. Obviously you should strive to implement the standards of the latest version.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeah, not sure where you're getting CSS5 from, lol.

Anyway, you'll find that most web elements are HTML 4.0 anyway, it's just there are certain elements added that are classed as HTML5 ( ). Although, saying that, it's probably best to avoid some old HTML 4.0 methods as they're deprecated ( ) - which leads on to to CSS3..

The above tags are deprecated mainly for mobile purposes and to encourage more styling to be via a stylesheet (which makes more sense) and this is where the extra support of CSS3 comes in, which is widely support by virtually ever modern browser (I think ie8+ supports it but don't quote me on that) - you can see a list of the css3 selectors

Hope this is some use, you'll find you are probably already using many of these tags/selectors as you learn - most front-end tutorials use it by default.

Users who are viewing this thread