forcevote help

Con

KingCon
Jan 6, 2019
whats the best way to add a forcevote? most methods i have seen on here have given me a redirect loop.

thanks in advance

Shxrty

Shorty#1960
Mar 31, 2018
Depends on which CMS you are using, if your using cosmic, make a Router:: and route it that way, now if you are using Rev/BrainCMS check out:

Maatt

Aug 29, 2012
None of the force votes/apis work correctly unfortunately. You start to run into all sorts of issues with redirect loops and things but you won’t notice this for all your players.

The thing is, some ISPs for some unknown reason send https requests through a proxy and this breaks the api and the use of a cookie that resets at 6am or whatever does not make sense when you can only vote once in a 24 hour period.

Findretros is also very temperamental and will crash on your regularly and break access to the client.

The only satisfactory fix I found was to use the normal method of routing your client links through your redirect or by making a vote request page linked to the force vote api with an ‘I’m having issues’ button for those affected by ISP protocols. Obviously this still makes it fairly easy for people to not vote so I added a voter reward point every 24 hours linked to collectible items in the catalogue. Certain loyalties in game such as entering competitions, voting every day or staying online for more than an hour would get you those points.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread