[First Retro]Connecting CMS to DB[Even RevCMS]

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
Hey,

Firstly, I'm working from a mac. So I've been able to test a few different CMSs out onto my XAMP platform for my localhost. But, I need one that has the config files under management, so I am able to connect properly to the server.

So far, I've only been able to get two successful results, one with iplace, in php, and the other with habbo rs, mostly in html. The others display plain text, saying there's either an error on a line, or MYSQL could not connect to host. However, iplace Has A menu for set up programmed into the start up of the CMS, and the settings, after I import my database, and fill out all the sections, reset to what they were When I first started.

I have found a clean database, along with its' pages. I need a CMS, even if it's Rev CMS or an edited version I can edit further, with register / login pages, index, etc. to be able to use as my form to submit registration entries to my db.

All of this is so I'm able to move onto being able to check into the hotel. Which I may have more problems with later. I have an edited version of PlusEMU, and the corresponding .SWF's, as well as noticed a few threads that have a lot of information on them. I can describe the specifics that are included in the emulator, that I'm not familiar with, at a different time. I will likely be using Xamarin Studio.

If anyone can be helpful, or recommend a working base for a CMS that I can build on, I'd be appreciative.

I'm able to PM and will reply to any other comments on the thread.

Thanks

funkystrainz

Oct 12, 2016
I almost have a fully working environment for testing. It's more of a quest, and learning experience. And its not as much about the retro as it is me avoiding having to rely on my mom for money.

Users who are viewing this thread