First Devbest Release, RevCMS Staff Page.

Taylormack

Feb 9, 2013
Hello,
As my first DevBest release I wanted to release one of my more nicer edits and I thought this would fit the bill perfectly, this is a RevCMS staff page edit, i've released a more un-advanced version before on a different forum. I'd appreciate your feedback on the staff page, and I hope you all like it .:)

This staff page will show staffs:
Motto (Added to Ownership/Mangement)
Position (Not on Ownership/Mangement)

So there's no conflict about a screenshot later here's one,

Like my last release you'll need to add database SQL's to make the staff page function properly, with-out a do, here's the codes to add.

Positions Table for Users
ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `position` VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL default 'hotel user'

Owner Bio table for Users
ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `owner_bio` VARCHAR(150) NOT NULL
Age table for Users
ALTER TABLE `users` ADD `age` VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL

Once again it's on pastebin, so here's the code everyone :)

Please leave opinions, rate out of 10. :)

Taylormack

Expiry

Anarchist
Apr 25, 2013
You've basically ripped Muscab's and Korbin's work, but it does look pretty good.

Off topic: Yes they have the role, the age, and the flag on their staff page but people SERIOUSLY need to wake up and realize there have been multiple staff pages with all of that added before. Ash/Korbin and Muscab are not the first to use it.

On topic: I really do not like hotels with like 6 ranks but, this is really cool/nice/original. First I've seen like it, and its a nice release. I don't know if I'd ever personally use it though.

Taylormack

Feb 9, 2013
I didn't rip it from Muscab and Korbin. I got the Ban count from a forum post on DevBest, and the rest I did age's ago. Positions I added to the staff page in my first release which was before Muscab and Korbin started using their current Staff Page. If I should be giving credit it should be to Kryptos for RevCMS, the forum thread poster for the Ban count code, and myself for doing the rest. Nobody else.

Lee_01

Jun 28, 2012
"105 years old" testt, you're a wizard!
Anyway, this is pretty neat - looks awesome! I would have switched the Admin and Mod tables with the Owner, Manager and Welcome sections though but that's just my personal choice :p

I might use this, thank you :)

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
Very nice, setting it up as we speak! Having trouble adding the biographies to the website though.

jayk

Retired Habbotard.
Sep 4, 2013
Having this issue

Can someone help, I want the founders over and under, including a bio.

Taylormack

Feb 9, 2013
Did you see the original screenshot compared to mine?
My Founders rank isn't under the 'Welcome to our Staff Page' tab.
And it's not showing founder bios.
There's two different sections of staff code's. Make sure you're looking inside the Staff.php and find the Box with the text, under that, there's where you add your founder rank.

Users who are viewing this thread