RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Feel free to leave feedback in relation to the .

Known issues:
  • CSS for resources in the Web Market needs a bit of tuning.
  • Usernames on mobile should align to the left, as opposed to being centered.
  • Section moderator lists shows two icons next to usernames.

Last edited:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Dislike the Home Tab, kind of pointless in my eyes
Yeah, it's different for sure. I'll see how it goes, the way articles are displayed may need a little tweaking. My hope is it will promote good content and discussion on the forums, especially once articles are written by members here. If it doesn't turn out well after awhile, I'll probably just move it from the homepage.
Shoutbox being in it's own separate tab is also effort
My main reasoning behind moving the shoutbox to it's own tab was because I found myself stopping at the shoutbox whenever I visited the forums, as oppose to continuing to go down. It sort of forces you to look now if you go there. We'll see how it goes.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I want the shoutbox at the top of the forums, it helps users see the most recent posts instead of opening a tab.

Yeah, it's different for sure. I'll see how it goes, the way articles are displayed may need a little tweaking. My hope is it will promote good content and discussion on the forums, especially once articles are written by members here. If it doesn't turn out well after awhile, I'll probably just move it from the homepage.

My main reasoning behind moving the shoutbox to it's own tab was because I found myself stopping at the shoutbox whenever I visited the forums, as oppose to continuing to go down. It sort of forces you to look now if you go there. We'll see how it goes.
Adblock the shoutbox on the front page from yourself, and then have it open in a new tab.

Blueoptic

Time Is Money
Jun 23, 2014
Looks alot nicer! I like the grey theme, and the homepage is nice.
Maybe you like the public profile (userbars) as written for example:
bpH4sEy.png

I'd like to see an updated convert to a forums rank that looks something like these, but match of coarse. (I did not create)
uFFlriK.png

There are talented designers on here, that could definitely make some userbars likes these.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
You must be registered for see images attach

Remove the spacing between the input and buttons, and add left and right padding to the 2 buttons.

Love the theme +1

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Looks alot nicer! I like the grey theme, and the homepage is nice.
Maybe you like the public profile (userbars) as written for example:
bpH4sEy.png

I'd like to see an updated convert to a forums rank that looks something like these, but match of coarse. (I did not create)
uFFlriK.png

There are talented designers on here, that could definitely make some userbars likes these.
implying anyone would want to do free work for a guy that will call them shit and never speak to you again?! HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR.

In all seriousness, I'm loving this theme (grey is my favourite color for websites) although it may be too grey, I'm assuming that's because I'm to it and I'll adapt sooner or later. Haven't really looked into it, I'm running on like 2 hours sleep so I'll look later.
Good job on actually doing something, this is most productive you've been all year @RastaLulz

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Bit of a problem (not sure whether this has been mentioned or not) to do with profiles when clicking the shoutbox. If you click a name in the shoutbox:
ny0U6uq.png
Then if you click profile page..
BEYFXJT.png
Opens in the shoutbox.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Also another bug, not as probably bad as @zMagenta but you really can't see light colored font.. At least like yellow. And its hard to see works because everything is light. I would suggest making text darker and bolder if possible?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Bit of a problem (not sure whether this has been mentioned or not) to do with profiles when clicking the shoutbox. If you click a name in the shoutbox:
ny0U6uq.png
Then if you click profile page..
BEYFXJT.png
Opens in the shoutbox.
Yeah, the shoutbox is an iframed version of at the moment, as people requested that it go back to where it was (on the forums). It'll be there until I get around styling the version that would go there by default, as it doesn't look good.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Yeah, the shoutbox is an iframed version of at the moment, as people requested that it go back to where it was (on the forums). It'll be there until I get around styling the version that would go there by default, as it doesn't look good.
Add some JavaScript that when they click it, it does it on the parent (the actual site). This is possible.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I can't cope with how it is. The shoutbox is like the wrong way! And the homepage don't go to shoutbox shit. I'm gone

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I dislike the theme but I like the shoutbox. Maybe we should have the option to switch back to Novus.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
What don't you like about it, Markus?
I hate the message ordering, that arrow next to your name (preferred double click for edit/delete, arrow should only appear on mobile devices), and I'm on my iPad atm but it seems to focus me to the message box, then unfocus me. Not sure about laptops etc.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I hate the message ordering, that arrow next to your name (preferred double click for edit/delete, arrow should only appear on mobile devices), and I'm on my iPad atm but it seems to focus me to the message box, then unfocus me. Not sure about laptops etc.

Maybe if you can remove the Arrow and bring the Novus theme back with it???

Users who are viewing this thread