Show DevBest FacebookMobile: More of speed and browsing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Hello there DevBest!

I tried a web browser making tutorial and since there are developments already, I tried innovating a browser into more of Facebook-centered.

Facebook Mobile renders the bare Facebook phone version, not using HTML5, which lessens the loading time and you can feel the speed.

This is just a basic browser, which means there are features that might not be available, yet. It has flaws so don't assume it's a perfect app for you,

Screenshots are provided below...
icPHv.png

Login

2PGzv.png

Logged in as Vineen Manarang

0NCBi.png

Advantages
  • consumes speed lesser
  • faster browsing
  • simple interface
  • if you have a crap internet, you can definitely rely on this for Facebook usage
Dis-advantages
  • UI flaws
    • such as resizable window
    • photos don't 100% fit if the resolution is higher than the window resolution
Take note that when you post, it says 'via mobile' under your status/post. And when you upload photos, it goes to Mobile Uploads, treating the app as a mobile.

Virus scan can be found here:

Download here:

Feel free to play around & submit bugs... cba to hunt for bugs, for now. :)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Don't see the point of this, it's a one time use. Once you create an account you have to waste your time deleting it. I rather jut use a browser.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Don't see the point of this, it's a one time use. Once you create an account you have to waste your time deleting it. I rather jut use a browser.
It's an executable file, no need for install and uninstall.. just one-click access. :)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
By the time you download this, you could have a facebook account with about 10 friends.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
By the time you download this, you could have a facebook account with about 10 friends.
For just approx. 10kb... and if anyone here is from countries with slow ISP providers then this could be useful. :) Thanks.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
You need a ISP provider to download this. If you download it, it will be even slower. As Dwight said, beyond pointless.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
You need a ISP provider to download this. If you download it, it will be even slower. As Dwight said, beyond pointless.

Or you just set the web browser to detect mobile web browser...

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Not at all. If you use Google Chrome and go to m.facebook.com, it leads to the touch site. When you use this app, it uses the bare HTML version of Facebook available on non-touchscreen units. It won't go slow for 10kb, and it's faster for me. If you aren't going to use it then please just leave the thread. :)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Not everyone that post will download this app. You post it on here to have it criticized by others perspective.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Not everyone that post will download this app. You post it on here to have it criticized by others perspective.
Alright. If you want to criticize it then by at least give me a helpful one, a constructive one. In that way, I can 'improve' the product... Thanks, and I have to go. Excuse me if I can't be able to reply with your messages beyond this post. :)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
It's a good program, it's just that it's useless. I know how I would feel if I spent time doing something and people disliking the idea, but it's life. I rather have someone tell the truth then lie to get me happy.

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
It's a good program, it's just that it's useless. I know how I would feel if I spent time doing something and people disliking the idea, but it's life. I rather have someone tell the truth then lie to get me happy.

No you wouldn't, none would.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Instead of just framing Facebook's mobile site, why not code your own Windows application using their API?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Facebook is hardly laggy, and if it is, the user should probably consider upgrading their computer to a modern machine. So if you ask me, this seems pretty pointless since you're trying to avoid lag.

However, full marks for the attempt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread