Facebook Home - Thoughts?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
On Thursday, Facebook announced Facebook Home, which basically changes the home screen on your Android device, along with the way applications are displayed. It's meant to be more focused on people and the social experience, as oppose to just apps. However, this isn't a new OS or anything, just a new look and feel to the default look of Android devices.

If you'd like to find out more, here's a link:

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

Nifaa

Mar 11, 2013
I think people will enjoy this even more because as it stated your friends updates are upfront- but then again this is just an advertisment like everything is perfect and high quality.. when in reality eugh. I don't really have friends in South Korea who share everything they are doing.

I wouldn't use this personally, just because I'm not really into Facebook as much as other people and other girls.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Not a fan of the head chats, they don't show what it will do with an actual message, is it going to wrap, or only show so much?

BatDev

Apr 20, 2012
Good & Bad!

Good: Easily see what your "friends" are up to and message them on any app, nice idea!
Bad: What if the app glitches / freezes, will it mess up what ever app you are on?

Just a thought.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
I still don't really see the point in this, I like the idea but not too sure if other people will?

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
If you're an avid user of Facebook then you'll find this useful, especially if you add people who has same interests with you.

But as Nifaa said, it's like they're going advertising Facebook all over the app. Because first, that's "Facebook Home". This will only be useful to people who use Facebook almost everyday... and goes online right after waking up. 

A video that may describe more of Facebook, and somehow attracted me that Facebook Home will be a bit interesting. ;)

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
QvKPEk5.png

anybody else got mah facebook design it scared me at first

GoatSausage

Apr 18, 2013
I find the Facebook home to be taking over android, and the interface of android. I don't support it as much, facebook is taking over everything.

HotelCrazy

Jan 14, 2011
Why is Facebook wanting to create a phone?

What I think is stick to developing facebook.com

(I get they want to expand their knowledge and to the mobile field.)

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Why is Facebook wanting to create a phone?

What I think is stick to developing facebook.com

(I get they want to expand their knowledge and to the mobile field.)
They're not creating a new phone, let's just say that they're trying to cover up your phone to make it refreshed. As they said on the video, more on people, not apps.

I think Facebook is smart enough to make an Android launcher, of course there'd be sort of advertisement since the app is concentrated on Facebook and similar apps like Instagram. And their concept of more on people, not apps is just simply amazing.

Also, if you want something newer, try signing up for the waiting list of Facebook Graph Search. I got mine few days ago (screenshot later, too lazy).

Users who are viewing this thread