Extremely Simple Guide to Making/Coding Customs!

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
This is a very slow, detailed step by step guide on how to code customs for beginners. I know there's more out there but I get a lot of people on my Facebook telling me they don't understand them, so I've tried to make an easy-to-follow guide for them.

First off, you'll need to download the programs needed.
You'll need a SWF Decompiler, HxD program, a swf comp/decomp, and an editing program (e.g. paint.NET or Photoshop).

Download:
This link contains a file containing the full SoThink SWF Decomplier, the HxD program, and the swfcomp/decomp.

1. Download the above and place into a folder. I've named mine "Customs" because it's easy.

2. Download or find the SWF of the furni you are editing, e.g. a Throne, a Dino Egg, etc, and place into your Customs folder.

3. Grab the SWF and drag it onto the red swfdecomp. Nothing should happen visibly, but your file is now decompressed.

4. Drag the now decompressed file onto the SoThink program, it will look like this:
189953_4536715930301_611906297_n.jpg

5. Click the + signs on the right hand side next to the writing saying "throne" and then check the box saying "Image". Make sure all the boxes are checked in "Image" and click "Export Resources" circled in red:
484284_4536717490340_423156160_n.jpg

6. Make sure to save these images in a folder in your "Customs" folder, and then press OK. Open all these images in paint.NET/Photoshop, or whatever editing program you use and make your custom furniture. Save all the images over these ones.

7. When you've finished designing your custom, go back to SoThink and right click "image 1". Press 'Edit' and then click the little folder button at the bottom circled in red:
12252_4536716330311_817493820_n.jpg

8. Select the image named "image 1" in your files and open it. The big image in the middle will change. Do this for all the images and then click "Save As" along the top bar. Make sure to save your custom with the SAME AMOUNT OF CHARACTERS as the SWF, e.g.:
throne = thjess
spyro = jesss
exe_rug = exe_new
party_discol = party_custom
I'm sure you get the idea by now, so make sure to save it in your "Customs" folder with the same number of letters as the original.

9. You can now close SoThink. Go into your "Customs" folder and drag your new custom onto the HxD program. Your screen will look like this (different text if you've done a different furni):
12106_4536717930351_715955209_n.jpg

Click the "Search" then "Replace" buttons circled above.

10. In the top box, type the original name of the SWF.
In the 2nd box, type the new name of your SWF.
DON'T click OK, click "Replace All" and then save over the file.
In your "Customs" folder you should now have 2 files, one with the new name, e.g. thjess, and one called thjess.swf.bak.
319675_4536718050354_628654319_n.jpg

11. Take the thjess or whatever your custom's called, and drag it over the green swfcomp file. Nothing will visibly happen once again. Congratulations, you've made your SWF!

12. For the SQL, I find it easy by just finding a SWF on here of the custom you're making, and then editing the names and IDs in it, e.g.

Catalog_items:

Change the coloured parts of 1 to 2 and then run it as a query. (Make sure to change PAGEID to the ID of the page you want it on).

1. INSERT INTO `catalog_items` (`id`, `page_id`, `item_ids`, `catalog_name`, `cost_credits`, `cost_pixels`, `cost_snow`, `amount`) VALUES ('1234', 'PAGEID', '1234', 'throne', '1', '0', '0', '5');

2. INSERT INTO `catalog_items` (`id`, `page_id`, `item_ids`, `catalog_name`, `cost_credits`, `cost_pixels`, `cost_snow`, `amount`) VALUES ('98765', 'PAGEID', '98765', 'thjess', '1', '0', '0', '5');

Furniture:

Change the coloured parts of 1 to 2 and then run it as a query.

1. INSERT INTO `furniture` (`id`, `public_name`, `item_name`, `type`, `width`, `length`, `stack_height`, `can_stack`, `can_sit`, `is_walkable`, `sprite_id`, `allow_recycle`, `allow_trade`, `allow_marketplace_sell`, `allow_gift`, `allow_inventory_stack`, `interaction_type`, `interaction_modes_count`, `vending_ids`, `is_arrow`) VALUES ('1234', 'throne', 'throne', 's', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '0', '1234', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', 'default', '1', '0', '0', '0');

2. INSERT INTO `furniture` (`id`, `public_name`, `item_name`, `type`, `width`, `length`, `stack_height`, `can_stack`, `can_sit`, `is_walkable`, `sprite_id`, `allow_recycle`, `allow_trade`, `allow_marketplace_sell`, `allow_gift`, `allow_inventory_stack`, `interaction_type`, `interaction_modes_count`, `vending_ids`, `is_arrow`) VALUES ('98765', 'thjess', 'thjess', 's', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '0', '98765', '1', '1', '1', '1', '1', 'default', '1', '0', '0', '0');

Furnidata:

Change the coloured parts of 1 to 2 and add into your furnidata.txt.

1. ["s","1234","throne","5000","0","1","1","0,0,0","Throne","For Royal bottoms!","","-1","-1"],

2. ["s","98765","thjess","5000","0","1","1","0,0,0","Jess Throne","Designed and coded by Jess!","","-1","-1"],

The above are just examples of what I'd do for the Throne I was making. Make sure to change the names to your custom's name and then the IDs can be any random number, so long as they ALL match!

13. Add your SWF to your hof_furni folder, run the queries, add the furnidata, and then run update_items and update_catalogue in your hotel. Clear your cache and reload!

Congratulations, you should now have and be able to make more custom furniture!

Good luck <3_<3

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
ONT: great tutorial might try make one some day :p

OFT: hi jess long time no speak idk if you remember me played your hotel a few times ages ago :p

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks Sab and Ben (I think it's you ;3)

I was looking for how to message someone just then, to ask if you're you haha! I'm not very good with forums ;o x

lose123

Dec 8, 2011
Heyya Jess, great post, from a great person even if I do say myself, Met on your hotel and speak on facebook from time to time.

Keep up the good work, Maybe you'll learn abit of Graphics Design XD

'Not saying you're rubbish, it's just the Info you gave me, You statue of yourself is awesome though <3'

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
When I drag the SWF into the SWF comp, it says:

7c1b55b29495469d9eaf98f.png

Also, I should drag the edited customs SWF or the .swf.bak one?

And TBH, i really want to thank you for the TUT. I was really confused with the HxD editor, the TUT explained a lot with it! Thanks a lot for making this TUT, thanks a billion.

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
When I drag the SWF into the SWF comp, it says:

7c1b55b29495469d9eaf98f.png

Also, I should drag the edited customs SWF or the .swf.bak one?

And TBH, i really want to thank you for the TUT. I was really confused with the HxD editor, the TUT explained a lot with it! Thanks a lot for making this TUT, thanks a billion.

No worries :) And with the "Uncompressed SWF not found" it just means it's already decompressed, so if this happens you can just move onto the next step :) And if I made a JESS.swf I'd usually delete the JESS.swf.bak and keep the JESS.swf or whatever. I'm not sure if it really matters which one you use, I've never tried the .swf.bak :)

TinyBuilder

Bike ✔
Mar 19, 2012
No worries :) And with the "Uncompressed SWF not found" it just means it's already decompressed, so if this happens you can just move onto the next step :) And if I made a JESS.swf I'd usually delete the JESS.swf.bak and keep the JESS.swf or whatever. I'm not sure if it really matters which one you use, I've never tried the .swf.bak :)

Ahh I see.... But why do we make the .swf.bak file? No use of it xD Because we only use the custom SWF file, and why we make the .swf.bak file? Sorry just entered the area of making customs...

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
Ahh I see.... But why do we make the .swf.bak file? No use of it xD Because we only use the custom SWF file, and why we make the .swf.bak file? Sorry just entered the area of making customs...

I'm not really sure why that one gets created haha, I just delete it. I guess it's some sort of backup file, but no idea why it gets made! :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
This is a great tutorial! Very helpfull! However something came into my mind, how about if you zoom out your room, will it look the same?

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
This is a great tutorial! Very helpfull! However something came into my mind, how about if you zoom out your room, will it look the same?

If you edit all the images in the SWF it'll look like a smaller version of your custom when you zoom out, not the original one, as the file contains all images for the normal size furni, zoomed out furni, and also the catalogue image :)

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
If you weren't like a sexy beast I wouldn't of even read this, But since you are I read it and actually learned something. I'm probably going to start making my own customs once my hotel is up next month. <3 <3 Keep on postin'

Barbie

Dec 3, 2012
If you weren't like a sexy beast I wouldn't of even read this, But since you are I read it and actually learned something. I'm probably going to start making my own customs once my hotel is up next month. <3 <3 Keep on postin'

Bahahahaha shhhhh. Ok, let me know how it goes and I wanna see them when you're done! :D

Users who are viewing this thread