Emulator recommended?

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
I didn't ask the question in the first place, i was just stating that butterfly aint what it's all cut out to be.
I was just posing a question. Anyways, this is a stupid debate. Maybe a MOD could close this? It's already lead to so much debate and will probably keep doing so. 
Why would you use a closed source over open source... What happens when theres a bug in Phoenix like the :isitme command and you have to wait for a fix... License servers down... Hotels down.

I am only using Phoenix purely for the fact that it would take ages to convert my database.
Exactly.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
I'm not debating it but you could make a simple but effective database converting in PHP would take a good 4/5 hours to code but would be worth it.
Ok. 4/5 Hours. I'm sure people who own hotels don't want to spend 4/5 converting a database, when they can just use the database they already have. There are exceptions tho.

BatDev

Apr 20, 2012
Currently I have a hotel that is using Phoenix. I really dont mind converting the database, sure it would take up a lot of time, but it has to be done if you want to have a stable and a well featured live hotel, even if it means shutting down the hotel for so many hours for this to be done.

AlexFallen

Developer
Jul 19, 2011
Currently I have a hotel that is using Phoenix. I really dont mind converting the database, sure it would take up a lot of time, but it has to be done if you want to have a stable and a well featured live hotel, even if it means shutting down the hotel for so many hours for this to be done.
Not saying there are some people who won't. I would do that, but might regret it. lol

BatDev

Apr 20, 2012
Screw the users. Start fresh. Uses up less time and they still get their free credits.
Good point, I will just have to put a notice up for a few days before the new emulator will be live for the hotel so that the users know what to expect so that it isnt like *BAM* YOUR LOGIN IS INCORRECT *BAM BAM BAM*

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Good point, I will just have to put a notice up for a few days before the new emulator will be live for the hotel so that the users know what to expect so that it isnt like *BAM* YOUR LOGIN IS INCORRECT *BAM BAM BAM*
You can backup before you start fresh so you can get an opinion of it and if you don't like it you can simply go back. :p

Users who are viewing this thread