EMU development!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014
Hello! I got a question and I know it's been asked a few times but I've never really understood it. When you want to start writing an emulator from start do you have something to look at or you basically just write loads of code? If I'd like to start coding emulators how would I learn to? I know some C#. Thanks in advance!

NeedForSpreed

May 18, 2014

Most common emulators are in either C# or Java. Take your pick.
I know I've almost completed the Java lesson in codeacademy. The thing is how would i start writing an emulator from scratch.. Would i just start writing code or is there actually something to look at.

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
I know I've almost completed the Java lesson in codeacademy. The thing is how would i start writing an emulator from scratch.. Would i just start writing code or is there actually something to look at.

To learn to write a emu from scratch would take you around 2 years

SOUL

┼ ┼ ┼
Nov 10, 2015
I bet it will take time ... But you're not really understanding me. When you want to write an emu from scratch. How would you start?

And that's up to you , some prefer to read online documents and some prefer to look at Habbo sources straight away.
Don't jump in with that mindset you're not going to be creating a emulator from scratch anytime soon , you're creating unreal expectations.
Start with editing emulators then move on when you feel you're ready

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
why is it c# or Java? what about c++? never see people to start of coding emu with c++ why tho
I think this is a lot more advanced which is why C# and Java is a simpler form to begin with. If you've never looked into programming languages maybe start with something smaller and then move onto the bigger stuff.

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
I think this is a lot more advanced which is why C# and Java is a simpler form to begin with. If you've never looked into programming languages maybe start with something smaller and then move onto the bigger stuff.
Thanks for the reply, but i started off with c++ and learning the basics and it's getting harder and harder to understand it somehow.

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
you might wanna help me with For loop, i can't understand what is the use for for loop.
Keeps repeating until the x reaches a certain value or is greater than, equal to, less than, a certain value while being able to increment and decrement x inside of the loop.

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
Keeps repeating until the x reaches a certain value or is greater than, equal to, less than, a certain value while being able to increment and decrement x inside of the loop.
so it's kind of like while as it keeps repeating, but you mean the x reaches a certain values , is that the increment? when does it stop? and can i know what's purpose of x++ on the for loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread