Emmet

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Emmet is a tool aimed at web developers to speed up and ease the process of writing mark-up. I'm not going to write a lot about it because I'll be posting a video below, but basically, if you're a web developer and not using Emmet, you're doing web development wrong.

Here's a video about how great this is:
You might want to skip to 2:00 because he has a long intro and it's kinda boring.

Link to Emmet:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Seems pretty decent, works like a pre-processor but without the need to compile. May have a play around as this will speed up productivity.

My only issue is that it'll make you lazy over time, I mean there will come a time where you'll need to know HTML for whatever reason without the help from this add-on. I'm not being picky, just being realistic, if you're not constantly writing something the chances are you'll start to forget it sooner or later. But either way, its still a decent tool and widely compatible which is always good.

Nice share mayn.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Seems pretty decent, works like a pre-processor but without the need to compile. May have a play around as this will speed up productivity.

My only issue is that it'll make you lazy over time, I mean there will come a time where you'll need to know HTML for whatever reason without the help from this add-on. I'm not being picky, just being realistic, if you're not constantly writing something the chances are you'll start to forget it sooner or later. But either way, its still a decent tool and widely compatible which is always good.

Nice share mayn.
With regards to the whole pre-processor part, precisely.

But personally I won't be using it for everything. I'll only be using it for things like writing mark-up for div's. I find that boring and strenuous because I know how to do it and it's effort having to press 2 buttons (shift + , on Windows anyway) just to achieve a <.

I've wrote mark-up similar to the below so many times that I get bored writing it again:
Code:
<div class="html-box" id="some-unique-id">dkfhdkjd</div>

It's boring so Emmet will be great for things such as that, as well as nesting content inside of it.

Code:
.html-box#some-unique-id>a[href="http://google.com"]{Go to Google}

etc, but I see exactly where you're coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread