Eminem new album

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Eminem just dropped "Revival" yesterday, have you guys listened to a few by any chance? If so what are your thoughts?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Of course I've listened to it :D

Without the stigma of, "oh well I'm a massive Eminem fan so I'm going to love everything he puts out", I actually really do like it.

Believe is my favourite track I'd say. It was also produced by Eminem, it's a shame he doesn't produce a full album by himself if he's capable of tracks like that.

I love Bad Husband, but hate the chorus by X Ambassadors, which is disappointing because they were really good in Wicked Ways on 2013s MMLP2. The song seems like the Headlights equivalent of Kim; Headlights obviously being an apology to his mum for all the things he's said about her, Bad Husband being the same but about Kim instead.

I also like the rock beats produced by Rubin, which a lot of people seem to hate. Remind Me is a really catchy track and--for me--has a lot of replay value.

The lead singles--Walk on Water and Untouchable--are really good, but I tend not to play Walk on Water as much as Untouchable just because I find it a sad song and it puts me in a grim mood when I listen to it. I love the message behind both tracks but with Skylar Grey did the chorus to WoW instead of Beyonce, but I understand he used Beyonce for popularity.

I feel like Framed should've been on Relapse, but either way it's still a fun track.

I think the track I'd happily skip past would be Need Me ft. Pink, which is disappointing because their last collaboration (Won't Back Down) was an absolute banger. I love that track.

When I saw the track list to the album, I saw Ed Sheeran's name and thought to myself "Jesus Christ", but River is a really, really good song. And it's done well in the charts, I've already heard it on the radio a couple of times and I never listen to the radio.

Like Home / Tragic Endings / Heat / Offended are all great tracks but I don't really have any stand out comments for them, except the wordplay in Like Home. The way he makes "ate off Hitler" sound like "Adolf Hitler" is fantastic. Out of context it sounds stupid, but if you listen to the lines beforehand, it's great.

Lastly, Castle and Arose are beautiful tracks. The stories told about Hailie and Proof are really sad and you can tell Proof's death still really hurts him. Also, the way both tracks are intertwined is absolute genius.

Overall, I really like the album and the artwork, which again, many people don't like. To me it represents his disappointment in America at the minute with him holding his head in his hand behind the flag, which is also documented in Untouchable and Like Home.

Users who are viewing this thread