Eclipse or Netbeans? (Java)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2014
Both compilers are good in their own sense but for some reason I'm being picky, this is probally due to the fact that I learned with netbeans at school, and all youtube tutorials are using eclipse, and yes they do have a difference when setting up project because when a guy using eclipse is telling me to do this and that, and netbeans doesnt have that option (or I cant find it) i get frustrated.

Whats your preferance? or even yet what other compilers do you reccomend.

Aug 8, 2014
Personally I'd recommend IntelliJ. I started out coding Java in NetBeans and moved to IntelliJ, and I find that it's cleaner and more modern. If IntelliJ isn't an option, I'd recommend NetBeans over Eclipse, personally.
I appreciate the reccomendation, and I downloaded IntelliJ but it is definitely slower than I would like it to be when compiling simple messages into the command. :s
Might be my computer, or something else but nevertheless I appreciate your input.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Eclipse and Netbeans are IDE's, not compilers.
IntelliJ is far superior to both; it's faster, the refactoring is much better, the database features are extremely useful and android tooling is excellent.

Also, how are you compiling your 'simple message'? It takes about 8 seconds to compile an android app on my laptop.

Aug 8, 2014
Eclipse and Netbeans are IDE's, not compilers.
IntelliJ is far superior to both; it's faster, the refactoring is much better, the database features are extremely useful and android tooling is excellent.

Also, how are you compiling your 'simple message'? It takes about 8 seconds to compile an android app on my laptop.
yeah sorry i got mixed up in the terminology i havent played with code in a while. What i meant to say when I'm simply running the code or message it takes 6 seconds to display it in the console with IntelliJ IDEA, that is waayyyy to long of a wait.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
yeah sorry i got mixed up in the terminology i havent played with code in a while. What i meant to say when I'm simply running the code or message it takes 6 seconds to display it in the console with IntelliJ IDEA, that is waayyyy to long of a wait.

I went with eclipse, this IntelliJ IDEA is something i've never heard of and seems like an unessacary challenge to learn. I want to code, not look like a bad ass who uses an underground IDE. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds like your computer sucks and that you don't know much about Java if you call IntelliJ an "underground IDE".

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I've been using Eclipse because it gets the job done but I've yet to actually try out IntelliJ. I'm quite sick of some of the bugs Eclipse has.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I went with eclipse, this IntelliJ IDEA is something i've never heard of and seems like an unessacary challenge to learn. I want to code, not look like a bad ass who uses an underground IDE. Thanks for the suggestion.
IntelliJ is not 'underground'.
Most developers recommend it due to the productivity gains it offers.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
I use Eclipse to do Java, always been satisfied. Nevertheless downloaded intelliJ because alot of people suggested it.. I kinda don't like it because I'm used to eclipse anyway.

Aug 8, 2014
Sounds like your computer sucks and that you don't know much about Java if you call IntelliJ an "underground IDE".
Thanks for your reply all tho it was off-topic but nonetheless your opinion of how much you think I know about Java is erroneous.

On topic : Close thread i've got the idea that IntelliJ seems to be a crowd pleaser. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread